Ch 9

Alina's Pov: 

"Thank God you're here. Fury's starting to bug me." I told my girlfriend when she walked in with Banner and Steve. The two both had shocked looks on their faces, both clearly amazed by the Helicarrier. 

Fury greets them with a loud 'gentlemen' as Banner shakes his hand. Steve plants himself next to my computer, slipping a ten dollar bill out of his pocket and onto my desk. I chuckled to myself thinking how easy it was to amaze a guy from the 40's. 

"Doctor, thank you for coming." Fury shook Banner's hand. 

With slight hesitation Bruce replied, "Thanks for asking nicely. So, uh... how long am I staying?" 

"Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the clear." 

"Where are you with that?" Bruce asked as Nat plopped down next to me, staring at the image of Barton on my screen. 

Nick looked at Coulson to explain, "We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cellphones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us."

"That's still not gonna find them in time." Nat voiced, worry peeking through her harsh exterior. Barton was her best friend, perhaps even more than I was. 

"You have to narrow the field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?" 

"How many are there?" 

Bruce began spitting out his plan for finding Loki, "Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?" 

"Agent Romanoff, Agent Belkov, would you show Doctor Banner to his laboratory, please?" I jumped up, eager at the chance to get away. 

I grabbed Banner's hand, dragging him with me to show him to his lab as Natasha laughed behind us. "You're gonna love it Doc, we've got all the toys." 

I let go of Banner's hand, realizing how weird it felt and moving back to Nat, wrapping my arm around her, "We've got better toys back in our room." Her face got beet red, but she recovered quickly. Luckily Bruce didn't hear, he just continued to walk with us. 

"Here you are Bruce." Natasha opened the door to the lab and Banner thanked us, immediately going to work. Now we were both left outside on our own. I intertwined Nat's fingers in mine and ran with her to our room. Neither of us had a job to do until we found Loki and Clint and I wanted some much needed alone time with her. You can't blame me though, she's been gone for 2 months now. 

As soon as we got inside I closed the door and jumped on top of her, attacking her face in kisses. She sat up, cupping my cheeks and kissing me hard, both of us broke apart once we couldn't breath anymore, Nat turned us to the side and cradled my face to her chest where I listened to her heart beat. 

This was a normal event for us. We didn't have sex often, but we did cuddle and snuck kisses as often as possible. It was comforting to the both of us. Most people we met in our lifes just wanted us for the sex. 

"I missed this." Nat sucked in a deep breath, taking in the scent of my apple shampoo. My response was muffled so she couldn't hear but I told her I agreed. Her arms were the only place I would die to stay in forever. 

Her phone rang, ruining the moment. She groaned and moved over to pick it up, "Natasha Romanoff speaking." She was silent until the call ended. "Come on Lina, we gotta go." She stood up briskly, leaving me alone on the bed. 

I pouted, "Come on, why can't we have even 10 minutes to ourselves." 

"I don't know darling, but I promise when this Loki thing passes we'll go to Clint's house with him and spend an entire day to ourselves, okay?" I nodded, changing out of my clothes and into my suit with her. 

-------------

"You know Sandra?" I was in the middle of telling Nat of every small detail that went down in the past 64 days. 

Nat nodded, already beginning to look angry at the mention of the name. Sandra had hit on me many times, each time almost always ended with me screaming Nat's name in our bedroom. "What about her." 

I laughed, finding her anger funny. She should know I'd never leave her for a girl like Sandra. Sandra is a grain of sand while Natasha is a whole beach. "Well she finally found someone. I saw her kissing Agent Jones last week." It took her 4 years to finally realize I wasn't going to drop Natasha for her I guess. 

"Gerty Jones? Isn't she a bit young for her?" It was true, they had at least a ten year age difference, but who was I too judge. They seemed happy and plus I didn't have Sandra begging for me to kiss her anymore. 

I shrugged, "A bit, but who cares." Nat didn't say anything else so I began talking about how Clint stole my favorite hoodie of hers last week and how we destroyed a part of a vent when I chased him. Fury was pissed, but I got the sweatshirt back in the end so everything was good. 

The whole time I talked Nat listened. That's mainly how things went, I liked to ramble on about the smallest things and she liked to listen to me ramble on about the smallest things. Occassionally when I was having a bad day she'd talk to me. I loved those days, her voice was heavenly. It sounded just as amazing as the birds did each morning. 

I was just getting to tell her about the small girl outing me and Maria had when Steve interrupted. We both decided one day to drop everything and go on a day trip to Bar Harbor. That was about as far as I got. 

"Sorry to interrupt, but we're almost there so we need to discuss the plan." 

Thanks for ruining my amazing story fossil. 

--------------

A/n: It's been ages I know, sorry. Don't know when I'll next update, maybe tonight if I can finish a chapter with the motivation I have left, but if not maybe not until next week. Finals are this Wednesday. 

Anyway, have a great day/night/whatever. Don't forget to drink plenty and eat something.