13

Nick

"Okay. So you probably have figured out that I have major trust issues."

I smiled and nodded, "I have."

Demi showed a hint of a smile, "Well there is a reason for that."

I nodded and kissed her forehead, "It's okay, you can tell me Dems."

Demi nodded and sat up, "It's just hard for me to say this about my dad because I don't want to disgrace him at all now that he's gone." She took a deep breath, "My dad was... abusive, to me and my mom, and Dallas. He always told me that I didn't deserve his love, or anyone's love. He told me that I deserved to be hit, that I deserved to be locked in the closet for the night. That's why I don't trust men easily. Wilmer was the first guy I really trusted completely. And ifI'm being honest, the first guy I ever really loved. I know it sounds strange, but it's true."

Demi peeked up at me and I grabbed her in a tight hug, choking over my emotion a bit. She was my best friend, but also the girl I'm in love with, so the though of anyone hurting her at such a young age made my hands ball into fists and my entire body rippled with anger.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you." I whispered, "I'm so sorry that happened to you and I will never let that happen again. I'll always protect you."

Demi took one of my hands that was clenched into a fist and kissed my knuckles, "I know you will Nick, I know."

I slid my hand up to her cheek, "I'm never gonna let anyone hurt you ever again."

She nodded and held my wrist, leaning into my lips as I went to kiss her. I hated the though of anyone hurting her, or abusing her. It made me want to beat the shit out of her dad, and if he wasn't already six feet under, I probably would've put him there myself.

"Let's not think about it anymore." Demi said, once we pulled away, and slid her fingers through mine, "Let's get dinner, and watch a movie."

I nodded, "Good idea. What are you in the mood for?"

She shrugged, "Chinese?" I bit my lip, smirking a bit as her hand fell on my crotch, "Or Italian."

I smiled and shook my head, "I thought you weren't in the mood for that just yet?"

Demi laughed, and the sound made my heart race, "I will be soon." She let out another giggle, "Who know? I might make you 'woo' me first."

I smiled, "Don't worry, I was planning on it. Prepare to be wooed."

Demi touched my cheek, "Over takeout and a movie?"

I rolled my eyes, "No, of course not. We're going to dinner, a nice, fancy dinner. That's when I'll woo you."

Demi bit her lip, "So tomorrow?"

I nodded, "If you're ready."

She smiled somewhat shyly and nodded, leaning up to kiss me, "I've been ready for a while."

Her raspy, throaty, low, sexual growl instantly made my pants tighten and I closed my eyes, "Oh God."

She grabbed my face and leaned in close to my ear, kissing and biting on my sweetspots, "Tomorrow night, is gonna be mind-blowing." I smiled and tilted my head back as she pushed me gently onto my back and hovered over me, looking down into my eyes, "I'm gonna trust you with my heart Nick, don't drop it."

I stroked her cheek, "Don't worry, I've got a tight grip." I gave her a cheesy smile, "And I am never, letting go of you. "

Demi smiled and bit her lip, "Can we order food now? I'm starving."

I chuckled and kissed her one more time, "Sure Dems."

~*~

"That wasn't even scary!" Demi groaned, as the credits rolled to a horror movie that she had insisted on watching.

"Yeah, wasn't scary. Not at all." I said in a sarcastic tone."

She giggled, "Awww, was big, tough Nickie scared?"

I rolled my eyes, "Absolutely not, I'm just creeped out."

Demi shook her head as another laugh escaped her lips, "No! You were scared!"

I shook my head, "Nope."

She jumped up, standing on the couch, "Yes you were! I knew you hated scary movies!"

I lunged out and tackled her onto the soft cushions, my hands going to her sides to tickle her, "I wasn't scared!"

Demi threw her head back and laughed, the sound being music to my ears, "Okay okay! You weren't scared!"

I smiled and got off of her, sitting back, "Thank you."

"I take it back, yes you were!" She took off, obnoxiously cackling.

I couldn't stop my smile as I ran after her, this is what I want for the rest of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I haven't updated! Things have been busy! But this fanfic is ending next chapter and I want to thank all of you for reading! It's been fun!

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel