1

CHAPTER ONE 

Nick 

        He woke up in an empty bed, the tangled sheets were a reminder of the intimacy they had shared the night before. But, as always he was left alone in the morning. She wasn't in love with him. He knew that, but he cared for her deeper than any one night stand ever would. He knew she didn't feel the same, but everynight when the knock sounded on his door he would open it. She had a hold on his mind that he couldn't escape- he didn't want to. Those nights as teenagers when he held her close as an alternative to cutting were turned to nights of passion after she got out of treatment. They both knew it wasn't healthy, but they also knew they wouldn't be able to stop. She was laced in his brain like a drug, he could never get enough. Memories of the night before swirled in his brain constantly. Running his hands over her skin, marveling at it's softness. Her moans of pleasure were like the sweetest music as he worked to please her. Once they'd both finished she'd pull him into a kiss, and often he deluded himself into thinking there was something more in those kisses The more logical side of him however, knew that it was an act of gratitude for satisfying her. He knew she didn't love him, but those moments she would lay in his arms meant the world to him. 

He knew when it came to Demi Lovato, he never had a choice. 

~*~
Nick's POV 

        I watched her as she stood near the wall with Marissa. Joe was next to me, his arm around Blanda's waist. She laughed at something Marissa said, and I could feel my muscles tense as a group of guys walked over to them. It was no competition that she's the hottest girl in the club. Her dress hugged her waist and accented her ass. I was nearly lifted out of my seat as the leader of the tools touched a piece of Demi's hair. As he said something, her eyes flickered to me, her mouth upturning into a smirk at my obviously distressed state. She nodded to the guy, and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor. As she moved her hips sexily against his, she kept her eyes locked with mine. The rage inside me was mixed with lust and I was torn between beating the shit out of the douche bag or grabbing her and speeding home to my bed. I was grateful when the song ended, but shocked to see her hand him a slip of paper- obviously her number. I was hurt, but my feelings weren't justified. We were nothing more than fuck-buddies. I couldn't even say lovers as that aspect was purely one-sided. Demi isn't my girlfriend, yet somehow I still felt a sort of claim over her. I dind't want her with other guys, I wanted her with me. The cushion beside me shifted as she sat down next to me with a laugh, playing her part perfectly.

I smiled as she leaned into my ear, "You think he'll call me?"

I swallowed hard, "He better not."

She smirked, "Why not? I think he'd be great in bed, he's such a good dancer." 

She was playing with me, using my brain as a drum to beat her own rythym that went straight to my heart.

"I think he's a tool, and that we should go."

My teeth were clenched, I hated how she could push my buttons in the exact code to make me feel any emotion she wanted. 

"Why do you care?" 

I sighed, "I don't like the guy." 

She shrugged, "Maybe I'll ask him to go home with me." 

This time my hand slipped to her inner thigh, restricting her from getting up. 

"No you won't. Sit down and stay here." 

She looked up at me through her thick lashes, "And why would I listen to you?" 

I didn't bother check if Joe and Blanda were watching, I leaned in close and looked into her eyes with possessiveness. 

"Because you're mine." 

~*~

        I pushed Demi back against the door to my apartment as it slammed shut. Her mouth found mine instantly as our bodies crushed against each other, ripping articles of clothing off as he stumbled to the bedroom. Soon we were under the sheets, her moaning loudly underneath me as I pounded into her. As we both reached our highs she threw her head back with a groan. 

"God Nick, fuck yes." 

I collapsed on top of her, just managing to catch myself on my arms. She cupped my face in her hands, looking into my eyes. 

"Say it again, what you said in the club. Say it." 

I smirked and kissed her roughly, dragging her bottom lip out with my teeth. 

"Mine." 

Fuck with my head like it's nothing at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OKAY GUYS SO THIS IS MY NEW FANFIC I'LL BE UPLOADING A NEW CHAPTER EVERY OTHER DAY! 

Comment and Vote! 

Twitter; Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel