Love maze

Next day

Next day

She's aware of the reason behind her discontentment, regardless can't express to anyone. Her heart is heavy with despondency. She can't concentrate to anything, busy in zoning out. The image of that moment keeps flashing in her eyes causing a burning sensation to creep inside her heart. She feels shame of herself to feel such things. She feels ashamed of herself to have such affections towards her boss, not to mention who's already married.

Mi-yeon is incapable to control her emotions. The scene of Seokjin kissing his wife's temple is evocative in her mind. She admits that there's nothing wrong to love his own wife. The problem is that she doesn't like it. A part of her is burning in envy. And that's the reason behind her discontentment. Having such feelings towards her boss that too he's married is utterly wrong, yet she can't rescue herself from this ocean of affections that she has been drowned into.

The fact that she tries to distance herself from him several times but is of no use. His flawless face, physique and honeyed voice are hard to overlook. Everytime he's near her, her heart never misses an opportunity to skip a beat.

Gripping the file hardly and muttering an inaudible 'it's okay' she marches to the office located right in front of her. After hearing a 'come in' reply from inside in response to her knockings, she slips inside the room. "Mr. Kim, these are the print outs of the documents that you have asked for," she propels the piles of papers towards the said guy. Too much immersed in work, he just nods his head.

With that, she turns to pace to the exit desperate to escape. "Ms Mi-yeon," the husky voice causes her to halt in her steps. "Yes, Mr Kim?" she speaks, not able to maintain the eye contact.
Calmly, he begins his talk but only he knows how much he's holding back his whines and frustrations,"The director of the board asked about the presentation tomorrow evening. They have advanced the due date."
His words have caused to arise a shocked gasp from the only mortal present in the four walled area except him. "W-What? But Mr Kim our presentation haven't completed yet. What to d-do now?" being panic she asks the CEO seeking for a resolution. While the CEO himself is left clueless," I got the news just today morning. We still have a lot to do. Please inform the associated workers about this news and ask them to work on it. Let's try to complete it within a short time."

As lack of choice, all the co-workers reluctantly drag their feet to their assigned tables and begin to work with long faces. The CEO himself curses the director of board for making such decisions and with a gloom face continues his work.

The whole office has become pin dropped silent except the typing sounds of the keyboards being harshly pressed. The screens of the computers provide extra illumination to the office room which is already lighted to eliminate the late evening darkness. Many fortunate employees have already left away as their works are completed momentarily. A section of countable employees including the CEO and his secretary are still working tirelessly. Shortly after, those countable employees also take their leaves with relieved smiles on their lips, leaving only the secretary and the CEO behind. Without resting for once, Seokjin is relentlessly typing on the laptop and going through various files, while Mi-yeon as well endlessly preparing files for the presentation. She cusses her own fortune as much she wants to avoid her handsome superintendent, fate brings her closer to him.

She grasps a thick document that she's hoping as the last one and then she'll be set free to go home, she hastily makes her way to Seokjin's office. "Mr. Kim this is the document," Mi-yeon hands it to him with a great hope that she'll be able to go home and lay herself on her comfy bed which she's missing the whole day. "Thank you Ms Mi-yeon for your hard work. You may go home now," Jin's statement causes a sparkle of delight in her eyes. As a gesture of politeness she asks," Mr Kim when will you go home? I think the rest of the works we can sort out tomorrow morning." He rubs his eyes as they have become sore from the radiance of the laptop and stands from his seat to grab the water jug to quench his thirst . "I'll be done soon. Don't need to worry," he doesn't want to bother her after knowing that she has also worked very hard. Yet, a fragment of her doesn't want to abandon him unassisted.
She nods her head and bows down,"I shall take my leave now."

She looks at him for last time before turning to leave. Suddenly, her ankle twists when she's about to take next step resulting her heels to break as she trips. A scream escapes her mouth before she closes her eyes to feel the hard tiled floor. She prepared herself to undergo the hurting impact which may break her bone. Rather, she feels two reliable arms secured around her waist which defends her from the fall. She flutters her eyes open just to meet a pair of charming eyes which can hypnotize anyone in a glance. As if the world has stopped and clock has stopped to tick, she's lost in those mesmerizing pair of eyes which hold an universe inside them. The jet black orbs which are dreamy as starry night where she can visualize her own desires and her secrets.