Count for Nothing

Y/n's Pov-

Y/n's Pov-

The same day-
[Morning time]

When the sunlight invades the room through the gaps of the curtains, my slumber gets disturbed. But still I don't let my eyes open. The warmth which I had been feeling the whole night has faded away. I move my hands to the other side but to find vacant. I get to touch only abundant air and the smooth bedsheet. Much to my annoyance I flutter my eyes open and sit up. I pucker my lips into a pout when the entire room isn't blessed with his presence. Placing my feet down, I shiver at the contact of the cold floor. I slowly exit the room and inspect the complete hall from the upstairs. I figure that he already left for work as the whole house is noiseless and lifeless. It makes me upset that he didn't feel the need to wake me up to bid a goodbye.

I return to our shared bedroom with lips bend downwards. It feels empty when my morning doesn't begin with his handsome face. I lay down on the bed but this time on his side. I let my mind wonder about last night. The thought of his strong arms enfolded around my body securely itself warms my whole body. The feeling of my head positioned above his chest and his rhythmic-slow heartbeat resounding in my ears is undescribable. It's no less than a resonance.

My body jolts forward when I remember what day today is. I have a date with Seokjin! I slap my forehead in annoyance. How can I forget such an important day! I hurriedly jump down from the bed and run towards the bathroom. I have to finish all my household tasks quickly so that I can give some time to myself to get ready.

'I have to look special today' a giggle evokes from my mouth. With all these sort of thoughts I begin my day with a warm and relaxing bath.

<<TIME SKIP>>

"Phew, finally I'm done,"  I slump my body on the couch with a thud sound. The bun in which my hair is tied into has messed up, not appearing it as a messy bun but more like a bird's nest or something similar to that. Accomplishing household chores is no less than running a marathon that's what I've learnt. At last you will always be drained out of energy.

"Hello, Mr. Nam. Have you send Seokjin the food?" I ask as soon as the call was received by Mr. Nam. He was an employee from the company. "Yes, ma'am. I have safely sent him the lunchbox and asked him to eat," his response makes me sigh in relief. Now I can stay assure that he's not working on empty stomach. "Is he still busy in work?"
"Yes, he is. Recently, something has arisen in their work and they're busy in some presentation. I'm not from the same department, so, I don't know exactly."
"Well, it's fine. Thank you so much for doing my work. I really appreciate your kindness," I express my gratitude.

Ending the call, my mind gets engrossed in deep thoughts. Why didn't Jin inform me earlier that he'll be busy today? Does it mean he won't take me out to dinner? Does he forget about his promise?

This sort of thoughts captures my mind leading to downfall of my mood. The excitement that has been building inside me scatters into fine fragments. The hope of wearing the beautiful gown that I bought as per his taste and flaunting it in front of me get brutally crushed down. I sadden at the possible consequences.

Hanging my head low, I walk upstairs. I slam the door open and stride towards the bed. I sigh after feeling the mattress beneath me. I slip my hands inside the pockets of my pant and take out my phone. I check my inbox but there's null messages from Jin. I harshly throw my phone on the bed and close my eyes in frustration.

How can he forget about today's date?

"Hold up," I abruptly open my eyes and haul myself up. My gloominess lightens up with a perception. "What if... What if Jin is planning a surprise? Furthermore, he's not a person to forget such indispensable things so easily. I know he must be planning something secretly," I smile. My faith in Jin can't be shaken easily.

"So, Mrs. Kim don't waste time like this and let's proceed in getting ready," I giggle to myself and go about with a pleased smile. My perception turns into a strong belief and I don't realize the need to know its surety.

<<Time Skip>>

"And done!" I say looking at the mirror," I'm not that bad at doing makeup, isn't it? Well, I'm looking pretty after all I've put so much efforts on it." After some good minutes of self admiring my attire and my hard work, I'm off to go now. Not forgetting to take a matching purse along with me, I leave my bedroom and walk downstairs. The clock reads fifteen minutes past six, yet there's no sign of Jin. "It's already late. When is Jin planning to come?" I take a seat on the couch, deciding to rest until he arrives.

"Ouch!" I groan in pain when my head collides with the handrail of the couch. I snap my eyes open as I startle out of sleep, rubbing my head. "Oh dear. I didn't even know when I fell asleep," sitting up I raise my head to look at the clock. "Good gracious, it's so late now. Was I sleeping for that long?" getting confused I ask to myself.

I flex my arms, straightening up my posture. "Ooh uh, then w-what about Jin? He's still not home," remembering that I've a date today, however, the key person isn't home yet. Being worried and without a second thought, I dial his number which is distressfully switched off.

With leaden steps, I trudge to the window pushing the satin curtain aside. The front yard is illuminated with the LED lights, but deprive of the owner's presence. "Where are you Jin?" I mumble, eyes not leaving the entrance. I dial his number a couple of times more to obtain nothing, worry eating me out.

It's already 8:30 pm. He hasn't returned yet, let alone the date.
My eyes drop on the mirror hanging before me, throwing back my reflection. "All these went futile," pulling out the fancy earrings and placing it on the table, I make myself seated on the couch.

With a mournful spirit, I lean my head against the couch sinking more into the soft cushion. My mind is continuously pondering about Jin's safety and the wasted date.

’I wasted my time and exuberance for nothing. Seems like someone had forgotten about the dinner date.'