Immersed in externality

Seokjin's Pov-

Walking through the white-marbled hall and nodding to the staff's greetings, I trudge towards my office with thumping heart. Yesterday's encounter with Mi-yeon had wrecked my nerves. I can imagine possible interactions with her but don't know how she will react after seeing me.

Anxious, scared and perplexed these words can perfectly describe my situation. I curl the fingers of my hands inside the pocket of my formal pant out of agitation. Out of control I did a blunder yesterday, but what am I supposed to do now?
I feel myself disgusted.
How can I say it blunder when I did it all intentionally?

Pushing the door open, I freeze in my position when a heavy object leaps onto my body out of nowhere. "M-Mi-yeon?" after a brief second, I come to realize that it isn't any object when I feel hot breaths over my neck. "Good morning, Mr Handsome," getting baffled at the name she addresses me as her arms tighten around my neck, I decide to keep quiet. I cautiously unwrap her arms and attempt to distant myself from her body that sticks with mine. "What's wrong with you?" I draw my brows together, stunned by her unusual behaviour. She steps a couple backwards with raised eyebrows," What do you mean by 'What's wrong with me'?"

I straighten my coat, maintaining a safe distance from her,"I mean like what's up with your strange behaviour today, Ms. Mi-yeon?" This time it's her turn to frown at my statement. Did I say something wrong?

"Jin? After yesterday's event this is how you're gonna treat me? I thought e-everything has changed between us," hurt can be sense from the tone of her voice, making me feel regretful.

Oh, yeah. Yesterday's encounter. That's all started with yesterday's encounter.

I sigh rubbing my temple in utter frustration. "I- It's just... Ugh, nevermind." I stroll towards my black-leathered seat and make myself comfortable on it. "Jin, d-did I misinterpret yesterday's encounter? I-I mean I t-thought that you lo...," being unable to complete her words she looks down at her feet, her eyes become glossy due to the tears forming in her eyes.

How many people am I gonna hurt? How many people are gonna cry because of me?

"Mi-yeon, it's nothing. I'm just stressed, okay?" I rise from my seat and return back to Mi-yeon holding her shoulder,"Stop crying. I didn't mean to say like that. I'm sorry."

She looks up to my eyes, her orbs blurred with tears,"On this special day, will you take me out somewhere to celebrate our day 1?" She waits for my reply, eyes full of hope. Her inquiry makes me agitated.
"Day 1?" I repeated, unable to interpret her words. Or even if I can, I choose to act dumb.
"Yes, Day 1. It's our first day of our new relationship ."   
New relationship?

I hesitate,"Y-Yeah, certainly." She closes the distance between us as she encases me in her arms, her head resting on my chest,"Thank you so much Jin." Awkwardly, I mirror her action by wrapping my hands around her small body.

"Now, go back to work. We have to complete the presentation before evening. You remember right?" I ask her just after separating from the hug.  I want to escape from this situation as fast as possible.
"Yes,yes, Mr Kim," she sends a wink towards me before leaving the room. With a heavy sigh, I slump myself on my leathered chair and focus on my work that I have been lagging behind and push these unsettling thoughts in the back of my mind.

<<Time skip>>

"Mr. Lee, where's Ms. Mi-yeon?" I shift my whole weight to my one leg, leaning against the counter of the aged man. "Oh, Mr. Kim. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I didn't see Ms Mi-yeon today," saying this he takes his leave. Securing the presentation in the hands of the board of directors, I couldn't even take some time to rest, since this lady had been requesting me to take her out somewhere in the evening. Unwilling to see her pouting and disappointed face, I did agree to her request. Maybe it will be worthy to spend the evening with her, who have similar taste like me. It maybe worthy, but will it be appropriate?

Now, there isn't a single sign of this girl. Heaving a tired sigh, I scroll through my phone to kill the time. The approaching clicks of heels compel me to raise my head. The beauty standing right in front of me is hard to believe. I'm dazed by this charmer.

"W-Why are you looking at me like this? It makes me nervous," she uneasily shifts her weight from one foot to another, tugging a strand of hair behind her ears. Even her mere actions captivate me with its enchant. She is looking drop dead gorgeous in the dress. "Y-You are looking beautiful," I voice out my thoughts which are difficult to hold back as well as my eyes which are difficult to look away from her. "Thank you. Shall we leave now?" her face shows contentment at my compliment and she looks down out of shyness. 

"Sure," sending a smile I take a forward to lead the way to my car. When I feel her hand interlocked with mine, I halt in my steps. I turn around to look at her with arched eyebrows. "What? Isn't it normal for a couple to hold hands?" her eyes glow in joy when she mentioned the word 'couple'. A wave of discrepancy flushed in my body. Why this word makes me uncomfortable? Why this word makes me think of only Y/n?

>>>

With a wide smile plastered on my face, I get down from the car. Thinking about the momentous evening, my cheeks puffed up with gladness. Mi-yeon's savour is very similar to me. She is undoubtedly be a great companion. The evening went by incredibly.

When I uplift my head to look at house, my brows puckered in confusion. The whole house is faded to coal black. Is Y/n asleep?
But usually she doesn't sleep so early.

I paced with hasty steps to the door and take out the spare key from my pocket. Unlocking the door, I strike the door open loudly. The possibility of happening something dreadful is knocking me off. The siren of danger is ringing in my ears, causing me to go deaf.

When I reached the living hall, the scene which I get to see impels me to have blues now. My heart sinks. It feels like tonnes of guilt are set down on my shoulders.

Then I realize what a misdeed I have done.