Chapter 7: Precise Details

It's been a few weeks after Shadow Team was found. They managed to integrate themselves to the modern (a/n: Yeah I know the it is the future, but I said Modern as in the now in their now) military of the 23rd century. Many of the scientist were curious on their abilities, so they needed to see if they are as capable as their Spartans. These last few weeks proved them to be more than capable; adaptable at best in the worst scenario. The UNSC during these few months have finally decided to call them "Reapers", due to their dark armor.

In the firing range, Cross fires his rifle. The loud bang of the rifle echoed in the room he was in. He didn't showed his face, but a few. Not even the Spartans know of his face. His singular red eye lined up on all the target he's shooting at. Incredible accuracy, one which doesn't need the fancy equipment the Spartans so dearly replied on. His reactions are fast, his muscles quicker in a blur.

His rifle, though seemed a bit old and outdated, has performed incredible marksmanship and silence. His shots landed on target 95% of the time; high, but not nearly as high as Linda-058. What he makes up for it, is skill and speed, even if the weapon is "inferior" to the typical Sniper rifles of the UNSC.

After that, heh switched to his revolver named "The Hand-cannon": a devastating weapon, about the silhuoette of a typical revolver, though larger and more angular.

Again, he manages to hit the shots dead center. After reloading, he asked for 6 targets, and they popped up; only to get destroyed with deadly accuracy and in quick session. This ability ended earning him the nickname of "The Red Deadeye (or Deadeye Red)", not only for his red glowing eye; because he also hits multiple targets with his revolver, like a cowboy from very old times.

Linda came into the range to see Cross practicing his shots. 6 down to 1, she watched as Cross made quick and accurate shots to the head. She leaned on the wall and waited till Cross has finished his shots.

"Done yet", Cross turns around to see the Spartan leaning against the wall, signaling him. "Yeah", Cross sets down his Hand-cannon and walked towards to Linda. After the two left, some marines entered the range, when one of them spotted Cross's Hand-cannon.

"Hey look, it's Cross's gun", one of the Marines pointed out. "Yeah", another nodded as they walked towards the gun and held it in his hand.

"Wait", a female marine stopped the other marine, "Didn't Cross said this gun is dangerous", she questioned the marine, worried about the consequences of firing the gun.

Flashing back when Cross and his teammates were getting used to things, he noticed one of the Marines holding his Hand-cannon. "I wouldn't fire that thing if I were you... You could lose an arm or break one".

The other scoffs her question as he takes aim and jokingly said, "Heh, what could possibly go wrong", then pulled the trigger.

After a very brief meeting with the captain, Cross and Linda exited the room. As they were walking down the hallway, they have to stop as medical staffs bring an injured marine to the medical bay; apparently with his arm nearly blown off... Or broken.

"I already warned them and they didn't listen", Cross said ass the two continued to the armory, after acquiring Cross's weapons. The two began to suit up, but Linda needed some time for her Mjölnir to be properly fitted onto her. After wearing his bullet resistant coat (which have been tested by the UNSC to be effective, but subsequently get itself an upgrade), Cross decided to draw something on his notepad, to pass the time.

Pencil in hand, he sketch various entities and beings from his mind to when he faces the Covenant alongside his teammates. His sketches were wild, yet detailed. The silhouettes were kept distinct from one another.