Chapter 8: Knockout

"... And Today we have a news for you. Reports have stated that a robot from the RBC championship has recently gone missing. The investigators are looking into this case and may have concluded that..."

While listening to the news, Heav did his weight lifting for a bit in the gym.

"... 8, 9, 10, 11..." Each time he lifts he grunts a number, before slowly pulling down the weights and lifting them again. His bulging muscles contract and expand with each action he does. The weight that he's lifting is about 400 kilograms, each weight on the end weigh approximately 200 kilograms. The way he manages to lift them, was without a doubt non-human. Of course after he is a super-soldier, so no surprise there. What is surprising is the endurance displayed by him; having to bench press 400 kilograms for 20 times before stopping to rest.

Just after Heav have finished his workout, two more entered the room: Jorge-052 and Fred-104. The two entered the room, while having a conversation to the unknowing Heav. After the conversation between the 2 strong Spartans, Fred went to Heav and tells him, "We're going on a mission with a few ODSTs to clear an LZ for our crafts to land.", He then ask Heavy, "Are you ready?"

"да (yes).", Heavy replied with him pushing himself up and walk with the Spartan. However, Fred can't help, but wonder what did Heav said. So he ask, "Is that a yes?", which Heav replied, "да (Yes)." Confused, Heav reluctantly apologize the Spartan and said, "Sorry, my native language is Russian and I was learning English before I joined Shadow Team with the others."

Understandably, at least in Fred's time and perspective, he would be surprised if someone spoke another language that is not english. Kelly have told him and the rest of Blue team of Ronin's japanese language. A few of the Marines and ODSTs are able to speak this ancient tongue, though if they do want to speak it, is a bit questionable at their end.

Inside of a falcon, the two heavyweights (Jorge and Heav) are each accompanied by an ODST squad. Their task is to clear anything within the area of operation for a landing zone to land their aircraft. Sounds simple enough.

By the time they have landed, a firefight broke out. The Covenant were well aware of their presence. As such, they fire everything they got at them. The humans fire back, using cover to their advantage and picking off the little ones. Meanwhile the super-soldiers were mowing down the Covenant troops, taking any opportunity to slay them.

One of the fuel rod cannon units is pointed at one of Heav's ODST. He quickly snatches up the ODST, just before the fuel rod hits the area and exploded in green plasma.

"Thanks.", the ODST gave their thanks to the Reaper. "No problem, Comrade.", He let go of the ODST as he took aim at the fuel rod user and fire rounds after rounds at them till their shielding break and their flesh seared with plasma wounds, eventually killing them in the process.

Death #39: Fuel Rod Cannon user gunned down by Heav.

A similar situation happen with Jorge's side, though the strong yet gentle giant have a much finer time with his Covenant side.

A group of Elites and an army of grunts and Jackals seemingly mowed down by Jorge. He still does his absolute best to ensure the survival of his ODST squad. While some members were a bit unhappy to be paired with a Spartan, most were pleased to have such a man to help them in the situation they are in.

The building itself is riddled with grunts, jackals, elites and... Brutes. Why does it have to be brutes? However, as they travelled through the base, after wiping out sections of the Covenant troopers, the ODSTs as well as the Spartan and Reaper discovered something peculiar: a dead Brute with its skull seemingly destroyed. Then there's another: a Jackal with its torso caved in; a grunt being bashed to bits and half of an elite still intact, albeit a bit broken.