Descent

Myra

I was in a hell of my own making- and I began to wonder how satisfied I'd truly feel when the world fucking burned.

"You don't have to do this." Venus hissed, continuing to clutch the lighter than made my heart stop in my chest.

I didn't care- not anymore. Not for a long time, actually. I'd stopped caring when my mother died, stop caring when there was no one left to care for me.

I will raise hell

"You started this fire in me, Venus Castellanos. You and the father whose name I'd never want." I hissed back, my heart burning from a million memories that had consumed me.

I wanted it over. Part of me wished we were all dead, nothing more than ashes upon the wind as we ruined each other.

"I'm sorry your life ended up like this because of my father. I really am. But that gives you no excuse-" Venus began, her features visibly contorting in pain though she made an effort to hide it.

"You know nothing." I spat in her direction, still feeling unsteady on my feet after the blow to my head.

I couldn't remember the last time I felt no pain. When I had nothing, pain became my constant companion- a motivator to inflict it upon those who deserved it.

"Don't you want to go back to your friends?" Venus asked, and I knew her heart ached for the man I'd sworn to tear away from her.

I felt no remorse for her, no pity for anyone but myself.

"I have nobody." I said plainly, despising her for looking at me with pity.

"You're the crime boss of the American mafia." She pointed out.

"That means nothing- nobody in the crime world is your friend."

"I think I'm pregnant." Venus said quietly, the pained expression on her face telling me enough about her expectations of getting out of here.

"I don't care. You'll probably be dead before your whore gets here." I replied coolly. I would rather have her try to kill me again than talking to me in her usual condescending manner.

"I always wanted a sister you know. I should have been careful for what I asked for." Venus blinked away tears, and for some reason I couldn't help but acknowledge the searing pain in my chest.

I hated her for making me feel this way. And hated myself the most for being a Castellanos by blood, a killer and a weapon made for ruination.

___

Ash

"What the fuck is going on here?" I seethed, firing orders at my agents as they dismounted from their vehicles to the sight of the mansion of Venus' father.

A number of agents I couldn't begin to count surrounded the mansion- with many of them belonging to Myra, the prized bitch of the organised crime world.

I'd kill her for it- I had no other way of explaining the void in my chest, the emptiness and nausea that overpowered me at the thought of my fiancé alone with Myra, alone with her psychopathic half-sister who had a vendetta to settle.

"Venus." My voice broke as I whispered her name, my fiancé, the sole person my world began and ended with.

I'd die on this battlefield if it meant I'd get to her, but with Myra turning this into some sick spectacle for the mafia world, there was no way for me to get to that door, let alone getting her out alive. And there was no way in hell that I'd risk her life for my foolishness for letting her do this for us all.