1

Thoughts in bold

"Like I said it was bound to happen. After all you're just my best friend's little sister."

That was the last thing Vinnie told Y/n before he left.

2 years since she last saw or heard from Vinnie.

How is it even possible since her brother and him are best friends. She avoided him at all costs. Missed family parties when he came back from LA, didn't go each time he flew out her family to LA, and would leave when he was over at her house. Vinnie blew up on all platforms. The break up was for the best she thought. She was miserable after it. People would send her him posts about him blowing up on tik tok so she took matters into her own hands and blocked him. She thought that it was best for her. No matter how much she loved and cared about Vinnie she had to think about herself first.

She was getting used to not thinking about him.

A lot happened in 2 years. Y/n changed. Her and Ben dated a year after the Vinnie situation. Y/n and Ben dated for a couple of months until they both realized it was better to stay best friends. It was a shock to many. And for Vinnie. Well according to Y/n's mom he was furious. Y/n rekindled her friendship with Ryan. (low key forgot about him) Y/n was trying to make her life go back to the way it was before. Before Vinnie.

2 years later...

Mom- Are you sure you don't want to go. Vinnie payed for our flights and hotel.

Y/n- I think you already know my answer

Mom- He always sends a ticket just for you. He's spending money out of his pocket. It's been 2 years don't you think it's enough.

Y/n- I guess you should tell him stop buying a ticket for me. He already knows I won't go.

Mom- Your brother is already in Miami. He's staying with Vinnie.

Will she ever let it go
I just can't

Y/n- Okay I have to go.

Y/n turns around heading for the door.

Mom- Vinnie would want you at his fight. He needs the support.

Y/n- He has millions of followers i think that's enough support.

Y/n shuts the door and and gets in the car. She heads to Ben's house and goes into his room to see him packing.

Y/n- Don't tell me you're going too?

Ben- Yeah I'm going. He invited me.

Y/n- Surprising. He bought me a ticket again. Sent VIP passes too.

Ben- What? I had to pay for my stuff

Y/n- Maybe my mom can give you my ticket and pass. I'm sure she or Vinnie won't mind.

Ben- You should maybe consi-

Y/n- I cant. I'm sorry. I think it's best if I don't.

Ben- I mean it's your decision.

Silence filled the room for a couple of minutes

Y/n- Maria called me today. Trying to convince me to go.

Ben- And like always you made up an excuse

Y/n- She can read me like a book. She knows they're not true.

Ben- If you're not going to go at least help me pack.

Y/n- Fine

(Time skip to day of the fight)

Y/n sitting on her bed. Home alone. She assumed the fight was going on, but since Florida time is 3 hours ahead it had already happened. She's scrolling through tik tok and sees an edit of Vinnie and scrolls past it. Then another and another until she finally stayed and watched one. It was of him winning.

Of course he won
He looks different
happy
older
a lot of tattoos
he's changed

She decided then to unblock him. She went to his accounts and did it. She felt a sense of relief. She felt the need to congratulate him, but she knew she shouldn't. No contact or communication for 2 years and then all of a sudden a message.

Bad idea
no

She got up and headed to her car to get some food. She was driving when she started getting a call from her mom. 

Y/n- Hi mom how was it?

Mom- You should've been here. It was great. He did amazing

I should've gone
I've never felt regret like this

Y/n- That's great

Mom- Okay I have to go. Make sure you eat and locks all the doors.

Y/n- Yes mom i know. I'll see you soon

Mom- Bye I love you

Y/n- I love you too

As she was about to hang up she heard a voice through the phone. A familiar voice but one she hadn't heard in a long time. His.

"Was that Y/n"

then it cut off.

Regret
that's all i feel
why?

She had completely forgotten to get food and drove back home. Going inside locking the door and laying in bed.

I hadn't thought about him.
Why now?
Why do i feel regret?