2

Thoughts in bold

For the next 3 weeks Y/n tried her best not to think of Vinnie, but something always reminded her of him. It was difficult especially when everyone came back home and was talking about how amazing the fight was and how he was the only tik toker who won. She didn't know why she was thinking about him so much.

Y/n was standing in front of the Hacker's door for their monthly family dinner together. Both her family and the Hacker's have had this dinner since forever. Vinnie hadn't been to one since he moved to LA. There her and her family stood waiting for most likely Reggie to open the door. The door opened and Reggie let them in. They all helped set to table and sat down to eat. Talking about everything besides Vinnie until Maria brought him up.

Maria- It's Vinnie's birthday next week.

Mom- Oh yes he called me yesterday telling me that they're having a party and he was going to send us tickets. I kept telling him not to that we could pay for them but he insisted.

Maria- That boy will do anything for the people he loves.

why was she looking at me when she said that?

Y/n cleared her throat and kept eating.

Y/n- So i'm guessing all of you are going to LA next week?

Maria- All of us. Even you?

Y/n- I don't think so I have a lot of stuff to do.

No one said anything but looked at Y/n in sadness. Quickly Nate could feel the awkwardness creeping up and quickly changed the subject. Reggie leaned over and whispered to Y/n.

Reggie- You're pretty fucking stupid it's summer and we all know you don't do anything.

A smile creeped up on his face and Y/n mouthed

"fuck you"

Reggie laughed and got up to take his plate to the sink so Y/n followed.

Y/n- Do you think I will ever be able to see him again?

Reggie- I think so. Honestly surprised you haven't. He always asks about you if that's what you're wondering.

what?

Y/n- I wasn't.

Reggie- I know I tell you this every time, but think about it. Please. If not for Vinnie then for me. Sometimes I feel lonely at these parties with all his influencer friends. Ben is going too.

Y/n- I don't know.

Reggie- Just think about it

Y/n nods and goes back to sit down.

Everyone dismissed eat and cleaned up. Her family left and started driving home. Y/n not saying a word because she was deciding on whether or not to go to LA this time.

I shouldn't.

Brother- Y/n...Y/n

Y/n- Sorry what

Brother- You weren't even blinking i got scared

Y/n- Sorry I was thinking

Brother- If you don't want to go like usual then don't. I know Vinnie would want you there. But I mean it's LA. You've never been and i think you would like it.

Y/n- Yeah i don't know.

They stayed silent and finally arrived at their house. Getting off everyone went to their rooms and went to bed.

(Time skip to two days before Vinnie's birthday party)

Y/n was home alone yet again because she decided not to go.

Should I have gone?

The only person left in Seattle was Ben. He wasn't leaving until tomorrow. So Y/n grabbed her keys and left to his house. She walks in and goes to his room to see him starting to pack.

Ben- Hey

Y/n- Hey

Ben hands Y/n clothes to put into his bag that he is taking with him.

Y/n- What time are you leaving tomorrow?

Ben- The only flight I could get was at 11 pm so I won't see anyone until the day of the actual party.

Y/n- Oh okay.

Ben- You're by yourself already?

Y/n- Yeah they left yesterday with Vinnie's family.

Ben- It's weird isn't it? Being so close to them but you two acting like you don't even know each other.

Y/n- Yeah I guess, but that's how we were before we dated. We barely acknowledged each other.

Ben- But it wasn't this bad. You haven't seen him in like 2 years. Why can't you two be like me and you. We dated and we're still besties.

Y/n laughs

Y/n- That's different

Ben- Because you love him i know

Y/n- I love you too

Ben- Let's face it we love each other as best friends nothing more

Y/n- Yeah i guess that's the difference

Ben- I can tell you want to go this time. To LA. Other times you didn't really care. But you've been thinking about it this time haven't you?

Y/n- Wha- no I haven't

Ben- Come on I know you

Y/n sits on Ben's gaming chair and sighs

Y/n- I wish you didn't know me that well.

Ben- Come on what's the worst that can happen?

Everything

Y/n- I don't know

Ben- See my point. Have you even thought about that? Nothing can happen that will make this situation worse.

Y/n- I guess

Ben- So Y/n Y/L/n will you go to LA with me?

Y/n stays silent

I can't believe this right now
I should

Y/n- Fuck it. Let's buy me a plane ticket.