Ch. 13 "Why?"

Satori POV

You've got no one to blame but yourself Satori. for getting your hopes up.

I was sitting at the window at Dad's house. it was pouring down rain. a few hours ago he got a call.

Flashback

We enter dad's house I put my bag on the couch.

"I've got a lot planned I thought we would grab some dinner then go-" Dad began but then his phone rang.

I looked up at him.

"Let me take this." He said going into another room.

A few minutes later he comes back in the room.

"They need me at work. I won't be long just stay here. don't let anyone in. there are some fish sticks in the freezer. oh and don't blow up the kitchen." Dad said

I nodded.

"Oh and one more thing don't mention this to mommy," Dad said

I didn't nod I just looked up at him like he had three heads. I mean a grown man. leaving his five year old daughter home. Alone. With no supervision. yeah. Right some parental figure he is.

With that he grabbed his coat and left the house.

I watched as he pulled out of the driveway.

End Flashback

I looked at the clock.

It was past nine.

I sighed.

I should have known.

I should have known better than to expect anything different from him.

He will change.

I grabbed my back pack and left the house locking the door behind me.

I walked about eight blocks in the cold down pour to the bus stop. I held onto the straps of my back pack and I walked.

What was the point of even staying if he was going to be at work. I could be discussing ideas with Tony or Bruce.

Or maybe messing with Sam while he was asleep with Bucky.

Something. other than this.

I finally made it to the bus stop. I waited about twenty minutes until finally the bus showed up.

I walk on the bus where I get a few strange looks. which I don't blame them i would be looking at me oddly too if I seen a five year old out in the middle of a freezing down pour without a parent present.

I sat in the front seat swinging my feet back and forth waiting for my stop. which might I add is going to be a while since it's about an hour in a half from dad's place.

So I decided to read. One of my favorite books.

Peter Pan. about flying away to another land where there are just children. that's a dream come true when it come to spending time with Dad. since he seems to never want me around.

What seemed like a short ride since I was so wrapped into my book my stop finally arrived.

The Tower is about six blocks from the bus stop. I thought as I walked as the freezing rain continued to pour.

I should have brought a coat. I thought keeping my arms crossed now that I'm shivering.

I finally see the tower in view. and start walking a little faster.

I finally enter the tower. I look down a my shoes that are soaked.

"Oh man these are my favorite shoes..." I mumbled

I walk past the reception area. where the security man, was too busy on the phone. and get on the elevator.

Hitting the Top floor button. I'm sure Tony is busy or in bed. one or the two I thought as I stood in the elevator.

"Mr Stark wasn't expecting you back so soon Miss Potts." I hear

"Who's there?" I said looking around.

"I am Friday Mr Starks AI. shall I inform him you have arrived?' Friday said

"Ummm. Uh no." I said stumbling over my words.

I tip toed down the hall to the room. Tony said was mine. I peeled off my soaked clothes and opened the giant closed and thankfully it had clothes with my size in it. and changed.

Crawling in bed. holding the stuffed bear that was on the bed.

Why doesn't my dad want me?? I thought closing my eyes

Why?? I thought

Tony POV

Me and Pepper were fast asleep. when Pepper's phone rang

I looked at the clock. midnight.

"What?!" Pepper said which made me sit up I've never heard her voice that panicked

"What do you mean gone!?" I hear Pepper.

Pepper got out of bed in a panic.

"How did this happen?! you were supposed to be watching her!!" Pepper said

"What! you left her alone!! are you insane!!! She is five!!" Pepper said practically screaming

"I don't want to hear your excuses!" She said hanging up

"What?' I asked

"Satori is missing." Pepper said in almost tears.

"What?" I said in shock