Chapter 7

Y/n's POV

If you had said that the night woud end with me driving a passd out Eddie and a pissed off Madison away from cops, I would've laughed in your face and called your mother a whore.

To be completely honest, my life has been a complete mess as of late. Jack has been more of a dick than usual and thats saying something. It seems like I can't catch a break at all these days.

"Thanks for saving me back there. I don't know what I would've done if not for you. Especially since that asshole Jack left me there." A soft but annoyed whisper filled the silence.

"No problem, I'm sorry he did that to you but I can't really say I'm surpried." I whispered back.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I don't know if you noticed but Jack is a terrible person." I softly laughed.

"He wasn't always like this. He used to be the sweetest boyfriend I've ever had. I know that he can be a good person, I just don't know what went wrong." She sighed.

"I find that hard to believe. He's always been a braindead deadhead to me. People don't just change for nothing. He probably only did that to get in your pants." I shook my head.

"That's not true!" Sheyelled before quickly looking back at Eddie in fear of waking him up.

"You just don't know him like I do." She looked away.

"Why are you defending such a prick. You have to know how awful he is. Maybe you don't know him like you think you do." I rolled my eyes.

She can't be serious right now

"You think you're so much better than everybody. You have no idea what people go through yet you look down on people who actually enjoy being around other people and have a social life." She replied.

"That doesn't give him an excuse to treat other people like shit, definitely not his girlfriend. And I don't think I'm better than everyone. But I know I'm better than him." I said.

"Will you two shut the FUCK UP!" Eddie screamed from the back.

"God damn you sound like a married couple fighting over what brand of detergent is better." He sat up and put his hands on his face.

"Madison, Jack is an ass and everyone knows it. I bet he was once a great guy but the people who had to go through the awful shit he's done see him in a different light." He said.

"Y/n you're not exactly a ray of sunshine yourself my friend. You don't know what people go through and you're quick to judge but Madison has know him for a long time. You have not." He said turning to me.

"Now both of you shut up or get the hell out of my car and walk." He sighed falling back into the seat and going back to sleep.

The car was silent after Eddie's outburst. They were both right, I don't know jack personally but that doesn't excuse his behavior. Maybe I am a little judgmental but its only becuase I know how people really are. I don't think people can just change out of nowhere. They just get better at hiding who they really are.

Madison's POV

I didn't know what to say after that. I know what Jack is now, but does that really mean I'm supposed to forget what he used to be? I hold those good memories close to my heart. I can never just throw them away.

Eddie has a point. Jack has hurt so many people and I can't ignore that. I want to help him but not at the expense of my own sanity and morality. Maybe it's time to finally let him go.

"I'm sorry." Y/n said quietly. His eyes were still on the road.

"I'm sorry too." I replied.

"I know what it's like to see someone certain way becuase you have a lot of history. But please don't let that blind you to the truth." He turned to me breiefly, giving me a small smile.

"I won't, and I know you have your reasons for being so cautious of people and one day maybe you'll tell me. But please don't let that blind you to the experience of other people." I smiled back.

We pulled up infront of my house. Y/n turned off the car and sighed.

"So, this night didn't go how I thought it would." He laughed softly.

"Yeah, it was still fun though." I smiled.

We laughed together. The moment was nice after all that fighting.

"Let me walk you to the door." He said after a minute. I smiled as he got out of the car and started walking to my side to open the car door.

"Goodnight Eddie, sweet dreams." I whipered to a knocked out Eddie.

"Night." he mumbled in his sleep.

I got out of the car and we walked to my front door. Stopping right at the door, I turned towards Y/n.

"Thanks again. It means a lot." I smiled.

"Anytime." He smiled back. It was a silent moment again, but a nice one. Maybe I can make good memries wih someone else.

"Maddie baby, I'm so glad you got out of-WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING HERE?"

Everytime I opened this app I was flooded with messages about this damn story. But man have I had one hell of a year. From heartbreak to starting college, shit has been rough.

I want to start writing more serious stories that aren't fanfiction with real original characters but I don't know if anyone would even read them.

Would you?
-Andrew