Chapter 4

Y/n's POV

To say that I was nervous was an understatement. I've never been to a girls house before. Let alone just the two of us in the whole house.

Being here with Madison was definitely the highlight of my life. Up until this point in my life I thought that I was destined to be lonely and and unpopular the rest of my life.

Madison was brainstorming ideas for lyrics while I was trying to pick a melody. I had about three options to go with but I couldn't choose one.

"You're thinking pretty hard over there." I looked up at her to see her smiling at me.

"Just trying to get this melody right. I can see to pick one." I shook my head I'm disappointment before looking down at the keyboard.

"Well, can I hear?" She asked

I nodded my head before playing the first melody. She nodded her head alone to it.

"Its nice but maybe slow it down a bit?" She suggested. I looked down and played the melody over again but slower.

"Perfect." She said softly. I looked back at her and realized how close our faces were to each other. I got bold and looked down at her lips. She looked at mine before leaning a little closer.

I closed my eyes preparing for the kiss but it never came.

"Um, so I'm kinda stuck on some lyrics maybe you could tell me what you think?" She backed away quickly and gave me her laptop.

Damn that was close.

Madison's POV

I gave him the laptop and turned around so my back was facing him. I sighed and closed my eyes.

I don't know what happened, I wanted to kiss him so bad but I'm still with Jack and I refuse to cheat on him.

Even though he's done it plenary of times to me. I don't want to stoop to his level.

It's obvious I feel something for Y/n, something about how simple he is really attracts me.

I know that he can treat me way better than jack ever could. Jack has always been a shitty boyfriend to me and takes me for granted.

"Wow, these lyrics seem pretty personal." Y/n after reading what I wrote.

"Oh yeah, I guess it's just what was in my mind." I shrugged.

"Do you want to talk about it. It sounds like it's about Jack. Is everything okay?" He asks.

"I dint know. I guess sometimes it's like I'm just a play thing to him. He only gives me attention when he feels lonely." I sighed.

"That's fucked." He said. I laughed and nodded my head.

"Why do you stay with him?" He asked almost cautiously.

"I dont know. Can we maybe talk about something else?" I asked.

"Yeah of course. I think we can stop for today, we got a melody and some beautiful lyrics." He smiled.

He's so cute.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Tell me more about yourself." I scooted closer to him in my bed.

"O-h there's nothing much to me really." He laughed.

"Just talk. I like the sound of your voice." I leaned my head against my hand and gave him my attention.

"Ok well, I have a little sister named Emma. She's the best little sister anyone could ask for. I do almost everything for her." He smiled.

"What about your parents?" I asked.

"Uh- what about you? I know you have a brother. Ryder right?" He quickly changed the subject. I guess it's a sore one.

"Y-yeah, he's cool I guess. Loves music like me, produces some even. I think he's pretty good at it. Not that I'd ever tell him." I rolled my eyes. He laughed.

"What about that kid you're always with, uh Ethan right?" I asked.

"Eddie but yeah. He's my best friend, has been for a while now." He laughed.

"Oh, sorry." We both laughed again. He looked at his phone to check the time before jumping up.

"I hate to cut this short but I really gotta head home now." He started grabbing his things. I looked out my window and saw that it was almost dark.

"Got the home before the street lights come in huh?" I teased.

"Haha. Very funny." We laughed and I walked him to the front door.

"Thank you for coming over today." I leaned against my door.

"Thanks for inviting me. I had fun. I'll see you at school." He smiled again. Before turning to leave.

"Wait." I said. He turned around and raised his eyebrow in confusion.  I walked towards him and quickly kissed him in the cheek. He blushed before turning back around and started to walk home.

I smiled and walked back inside and closed the door. I leaned against the closed door and sighed.

What am I doing?

Yo this quarantine has me feeling super lonely rn. Anyway kinda proofread but I gave up towards the end sooooo
-Andrew