Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I was standing there like a deer caught in the headlights with my mouth left agape. That jerk was my f*cking mate. He stood still, shoulders tensed as though he felt the same way.

"Mate." He growled, looking straight into my eyes while I gasped.

The first thing I did - which was what a victim does when she sees her bully - was to run. Even though I tried to be strong when facing him, but the fact that he had grown so intimidating actually scares me.

I ran faster, letting my legs carrying me until I reached the balcony where I used to go whenever I was feeling troubled.

Gripping onto the metal railings tightly, I screamed loudly. "I hate you, Nathan Skyes!" I screamed with all my might, venting the anger and hatred bottled inside of me for years.

I can't believe that my mate turns out to be him. I have been waiting for someone who would treat me ten times better than him, but my hopes seem to have turned into puffs of smoke.

Why, moon goddess? Why did you pair me up with someone like him?

"Eve." I closed my eyes briefly, feeling the anger yet to be diminished as his voice rang in my ears. My grip on the railings tightened in response.

Footsteps continued to approach while I turned around and glared at him. "Don't come near me." I snarled, feeling my eyes turning pitch black while my nose flared in anger.

"Eve." He repeated my name again while my wolf howled inside of me in excitement. I internally groaned at my excited wolf.

You have no idea how he had bullied me for my entire life, don't expect me to forgive him so easily. I said while my wolf was disheartened at the fact that I was not going to acknowledge our mate.

I felt sorry for his wolf, but I wasn't sorry for him.

Folding my arms, I attempted to appear strong under his intimidating stare. "This is so f*cked up, Nathan." I simply stated, rolling my eyes in rage.

"What are you suggesting? Are you going to leave me?" He demanded while I ignored how his piercing stares made me feel uncomfortable.

I sighed, "You should consider rejecting me, since either way we won't be happy." With that said, I walked past him to the hallways instead.

Even though I knew the price of rejection very well, but I wanted to break free from him. I might end up dead, or suffer an unknown disease in a few months. But I don't care.

I just want to be away from him, the jerk who made my life a living hell.

xxxx

I sat down on the bed, my eyes trained on the floor while Maya, Jessica and Rachel were preparing for the party. Even though we were a band, but they were also women who liked to dress up.

I do too, but I wasn't in a mood to dress to impress anyone, especially not the jerk.

My chosen outfit was already spread on the bed; just a graphic tee and dark-washed jeans. The girls, however, were wearing button up blouses and shorts.

Ignoring their excited giggling and chattering, I laid down on Rachel's bed and groaned in despair. Nathan is my f*cking mate and I was going to sing for my mate tonight.

Can't things get any better for me?

"Hey, Eve. Aren't you going to do something to your face?" Jessica looked towards me while she was busy painting her nails.

I shook my head in response. "I am keeping my face bare."

"Are you f*cking serious?" She asked while I closed my eyes. "Do I look like I am joking with you? More painting, less talking, please." I retorted back, covering my eyes with my palms in frustration.

"Seems like that a**hole of an Alpha-to-be makes her really mad." Maya's voice lingered in the background while the girls giggled in response. I smirked, "You said something sensible for once, Maya."

Peeling my eyes open, I climbed out of the bed and changed into my outfit. By the time I was done, the girls were already ready.

I walked out of the room after zipping up my boots with the girls in tow as they chatted excitedly over the stupid party. If not for this party, I would be staying in my room all night.

I would gladly miss this chance to meet the jerk.

Pushing past the door, we entered the porch where everyone were already gathered and has begun partying. I weaved my way past the crowds and finally reached the platform where we would be performing.

I reached for the microphone, whipping my head back to check if the trio were ready. As they took their time, my eyes found its way to the crowds to see my brother's arms wrapped around a brunette chick.

Going smooth, brother. I can see you from here. I mind-linked him while he looked up, smirking as he waved at me. While the guy beside him stiffened as he looked up.

I blinked furiously, looking away upon seeing him. God damn it, why were they still great friends? Can't they just stay away from each other, so that I wouldn't have to see his face everytime?

The band started playing while my feet moved to the beat, my voice escaping from my parted lips. Throughout the songs, I tried my best not to look at him.

But the scent was too overpowering for me. I just can't help but to let my eyes wander to the crowd where he was standing. His eyes locked with mine while I sang the upcoming lines to my heart's content.

What will we do when we get old?
Will we walk down the same road?
Will you be there by my side?
Standing strong as the waves roll over

When the nights are long
Longing for you to come home
All around the wind blows
We would only hold on to let go

I pulled my eyes away from his while I sang the chorus, my heart tearing apart as I couldn't spend the rest of my life with my destined mate, the one who would protect me and care for me.

Nathan and I were impossible. Even if he wants to work things out, I will never let him have his way. He can rot in hell for all I care.

Blow a kiss, fire a gun
We need someone to lean on
Blow a kiss, fire a gun
All we need is somebody to lean on

Blow a kiss, fire a gun
We need someone to lean on
Blow a kiss, fire a gun
All we need is somebody to lean on

I closed my eyes when the song was over, placing the microphone back in its place as I turned to leave. Claps erupted from the crowd while I ignored them, entering the pack house instead.

Walking up the steps, I turned down the corner when I was suddenly pinned against the wall. My eyes widened as Nathan hovered in front of me, his fingers gripping my wrists tightly.

What the f*ck does he wants?