Chapter 29

Chapter 29

I looked towards Nathan worriedly, however he did not falter from the strength of the opponent and stared into my eyes intensely. It felt like he had other plans in mind.

He grabbed my hand and we began running in the direction of our pack. What was he thinking? Don't ask any questions, just run with me. I could hear him through our mind link as he continued running, sending a nod in my way.

I sealed my lips and ran as far as he took me.

"Chase after them, make sure none of them makes it alive by dusk." I heard from a mile away as the Alpha whom I assumed is called Jones began barking orders as he growled in annoyance.

Very soon, we found ourselves being chased by almost a hundred rogues who were determined to hunt us down and kill us alive. Thank goodness the amount of training has not failed me as I continued running, keeping up with my stamina.

Should we shift? I blinked, sending him a message through the working mind link. No, don't. He replied quickly, glancing at me quickly before continuing running away from them.

I could feel ourselves reaching our borders soon as we continued to run further away from them. Suddenly, he came to a stop and pulled me along with him.

I stared at him, stunned. Why did he stop? Shouldn't we be running away from them? We turned around to face them as he pulled me behind his back protectively.

The rogues were nearing as they surrounded us quickly. I stared at Nathan, unsure at this moment of how we are going to fend them off when it was just us alone.

Jones appeared from nowhere with a smug smile on his face. "Nowhere to run?" He taunted, glaring at us with a snarl. He looked around the pack, chuckling darkly as no one was in sight.

"Finally, it is all going to end at this moment." He laughed, his eyes glowing in red. Before they made their advance, Nathan suddenly raised a hand and whistled loudly across the pack.

His laughter died down as he stared at him in astonishment. He cocked an eyebrow with curiosity while the rest of the rogues were thrown into confusion at his abrupt whistle.

Suddenly, the earth shook as the group of elites named Alpha, came from all sides, surrounding the rogues in an instant. Our numbers has overpowered their strength as Jones was caught in his trap.

Nathan has planned it all well enough.

"How did-" He started when it was cut off by Nathan. "Ever heard of something call emergency fire drill?" He finally spoke aloud, staring at him intensely.

"No, you did not.." Jones growled in exasperation as he realised his master plans had ultimately failed. The pack members were not wiped out, instead they had went through the emergency fire drill which they have been practising for this day. His own group of rogues must have either been killed or taken away as prisoner-of-war upon the secret attack.

I slowly connected the dots and finally realised why he had invited grandmother to come back as the advisor of the pack. She held the ultimate trump card which Nathan needed in order to lure him into his trap.

It was well-played. However the only factor was, which one of them was the mole who assisted Nathan? He couldn't have timed this so perfectly after all.

"So, Jones. Would you like to surrender to us or continue the fight?" He announced, shooting him a challenging glare as both strong Alphas continued in a heated glaring contest.

He snarled in anger. "Do not forget that our strength has overpowered your army and you are stepping in my territory so which means there is no way you can retreat without losing your life. Make your choice wisely, Jones."

"I do not give a f*ck whether your strength has overpowered mine! We have been preparing for this day for very long and we will not surrender till the end." He growled, his Alpha presence making everyone shiver.

"Very well." Nathan replied, his glare turning into a relaxed smirk.

The fight began as our elite warriors began attacking the rogues. I pushed the first one out of the way, avoiding his punch as I knocked him out. Two more charged towards me in both different directions as I grabbed the arm of the first one, twisting it in the process before kicking the second one in the chest as I threw the first one towards him, sending them unconscious on the floor.

I continued throwing punches and kicks as I fought my way through the sea of bodies. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Jones throwing himself onto Nathan and began punching him in the face, my mate's blood smearing his knuckles. My claws appeared as I growled, giving quick kills onto any rogues who charged towards me and got in my way.

I slowly strode my way towards Nathan and Jones as Nathan threw him over and quickly got to his feet. Another rogue swiftly took out a knife and began charging towards my mate.

All I saw was red as I stopped the knife which missed his back, I sent a punch in his way and twisted his hand, the knife falling to the ground in the process as he groaned. I twisted his arm and clawed his chest, blood oozing out of his body.

The smell of blood wafted to my nose as I looked down at the blood in my hands. Feeling disgusted, I clenched my jaws and ignored it. Swiftly I took down those who tried to attack my mate while he got into a heated fight with Jones.

Very soon, most of the rogues were done and it was left with the rogues Alpha and my mate who were in a heated fight.

He managed to take down Jones, his claws appeared as he clawed my mate's arm. I gasped, feeling the pain as my fists clenched tightly. Nathan did not show any emotions as he growled, ripping his head off in an instant.

With a victorious cry, he raised Jones's head as a sign that our pack has won. The rogues were confused now as their leader's head was right in front of them. They ceased fighting and were surrounded by our group of elites who were ready to take them down in an instant.

I breathed heavily, finally it was over. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed an injured rogue slowly standing up from behind him, holding onto the knife. I quickly ran in his direction, yelling at him. "Nathan!"

In a swift moment, I hugged him as I took the stab for him. My eyes widened as I felt my breath stopped, my grip on my mate slowly loosening. The knife was taken out of my body as my eyes widened again, blood escaped profusely from my back, wetting my shirt in the process.

I felt blood coming out from my mouth as I tried my hardest to stay awake.

He let go of the head as it rolled out of his fingertips, quickly clawing the rogue who had stabbed me which sent him dead in seconds. I dropped to the ground with my fingers shaking in fear. I was actually afraid of death.

I still had to live with my mate for the rest of my life, staying by his side and bear him pups. He still have yet to take my hands and travel around the world with me.

"Babe!" He engulfed me in his chest, hurriedly carrying me in his arms as he ran away from the scene. His legs carried us as quickly as he could, while all I did was to admire him in his arms.

I took the time to remember all the features on his face, my fingers gripping onto his collar tightly. Before I went out, where I have no idea if I would be dead or survive, I want to be in his arms for as long as I can.

"I love you, Nathan." I whispered, vomiting out more blood as tears slipped down my cheeks.

Was this the end?

Before I could say another word, I felt my grip loosened as I embraced the darkness before me.