Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Eve." Mom's eyes flickered with emotions as she looked at me. I ignored her and continued, "For my entire life, I have been repeating the same thing, but you guys just wouldn't listen to me. You guys just don't see it the way I do, that he has been making my life a living hell."

"You guys are just f*cking too blind not to see his true colors. Just because of what? That he is the Alpha's son?" I cried out, wiping away the hot tears quickly. "Watch your words, Eve." My dad chided.

"I won't, because you guys will never hear any of my crude words in this house again." I said, shooting up from my seat as I hardened my heart. "I am going to start searching for a flat. If possible, I would want to move out by the end of this month."

With that said, I walked out of the living room and headed back to my room. It's not like I would die without them because I won't. And I will gladly find joy without Nathan's presence for once.

xxxx

Scrolling through the website, I glanced through the flats which were not too costly on the rents. I have found a few which were to my liking and within the affordability range.

From next week onwards, I will be busy juggling between visiting flats and band practice. It's not like I will die either. As long as it was something that I badly want, I will try to get it.

And moving out of the pack house with no more Nathan to annoy me was the thing that I badly wanted right now.

The door creaked open as I sighed, "I have nothing to say to you guys, please leave." I was annoyed by the fact that my parents and my brother kept intruding just to talk me out of it for the past few days.

Why won't they see that I wasn't happy being in this sickening hellhole? Why can't they just stop clipping my wings and let me reach out for my freedom?

"It's me."

I rolled my eyes and groaned. Nathan.

"Just leave through this door. The last time you came in, I was on the verge of flipping tables on you." I stated, not caring about his presence as I continued to search through the flats.

"Don't bother to search anymore, I am not letting you move out."

"You are not even my parents or my brother, even they can't stop me. Who the hell do you think you are to stop me from moving out?" I hissed, trying not to raise my voice.

"I am your mate, doesn't that give me a right to stop you?" This sentence just hit past my limit. My patience has already came to an end.

I closed the laptop cover and stood up, turning around as I faced him. "I have enough of this mate bullshit, Nathan. You and I know that we can never work things out. So, why don't you just be the Alpha's good son and deal with your pack business? You can focus on the ceremony instead of bothering yourself with someone like me."

His nose flared in anger as he took a step forward. "If you would just stop thinking about the past, you wouldn't bring it up. If you would just stop bringing up the past, maybe you would have let it go. If you would just stop dwelling over the past, we wouldn't be in this mess."

"Those are all 'Ifs'. Do you know how hard it is to let go of something, especially when it brings nightmare to you every night? Do you even know how it feels to live in worry because when you wake up, you would be humiliated by the bully or before you go to sleep, you would get videotaped for a prank that the bully has set up? Do you even know what nightmares are? You don't, because all of those were created by you. You are my biggest nightmare. Up to today, you still are. So, why can't you just accept the fact that the past still affects me greatly, even now. Even thinking about it still scares me a lot."

He slammed his lips against mine as my eyes widened incredibly. His arms wrapped around my waist tightly as I gasped in surprise.

Hot tears spilled down my cheeks as I pushed him away, slapping him in the process. "Don't you dare kiss me with those lips of yours. I hate you a lot, and I still do."

I walked past him and sprinted out of the room, shifting into my wolf as I kept running and running without a care for the world. Piper slowly took control as we combined our strengths and continued running down the trail where it led to the forests.

We finally reached the clearing where a lake was becoming clearer in our line of sight. Even though Piper was repeatedly warning me that we were close to the South borders, I could care any less at this moment.

Now, I just wanted to clear my mind.

My paws slowed down as I leaped into the water and shifted back to my human form. I stayed in this position, curled up like a ball as I cleansed my mind.

Why does the moon goddess have to be so cruel to pair me up with my bully? Why can't she pair me up with someone else who would be the total opposite from him?

A kind, caring and devoted mate. Is that too much to ask for?

The tranquil water was blocking everything from being heard as I allowed peace to enter my world. It has been so long since I had peace without anyone bothering me.

The pressure from my surroundings suddenly shook the calming water as a body dove into the lake.