Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Rachel nudged me as she quirked an interested eyebrow. "What's with you and the Alpha's son last night?" She asked, more like interrogated me the moment I joined her with the rest of the girls in her room.

That hit the bullet.

All conversation stopped abruptly, Jessica and Maya looked up upon Rachel's question. I stared at them, feeling slightly uncomfortable with this topic.

We may be friends, but they have yet to know what I was planning. I felt so guilty at the same time for not telling them about it.

I turned around, setting my bag on one side as I retrieved a change of clothes. I have just gotten off from work and I had planned to take a bath here.

Meanwhile, I can think of how to answer them while taking a long bath.

"Come on, Eve. Don't act as if you didn't hear us." Jessica pouted, standing by my side as she pinched my cheeks. I groaned, a headache forming already.

"Can I not reveal it too early?" I asked with a tint of hope. Maya stood up with a raised brow. "Reason? Surely, you have to have a reason for everything that you do."

My eyes looked into theirs as I so desperately wanted to get out of here.

"The reason is..." I trailed off while they were looking at me with anticipation. As every seconds passed, I looked like a fish, opening and closing my mouth with nothing coming out.

A knock on the door disrupted us as Nathan peered into the room. "Sorry to disturb, but I'm here to pick up my mate." I stared at him in surprise.

That was so random.

I snapped out of it, realizing that it was the perfect opportunity for me to escape. "Uh yeah, he's here to pick me up. See you later, girls." I went along with his pathetic plot and grabbed my bag before joining him.

The moment I made sure that we were out of earshot, I heaved a huge sigh and turned to look at him. "If you're going to thank me, you don't have to."

I raised a brow mockingly. "Did I say that I was going to thank you? I absolutely did not mention that."

He turned and stared at me, dumbfounded. "You ungrateful brat." Was all he could mutter out as he stared at me in disbelief.

I can't help but to laugh at his reaction, clenching onto my stomach. "What's so funny?" He muttered out loud, still continuing to stare at me. "Your face is priceless." I wheezed out, pointing at his face.

Without warning, he pulled me into his arms and leaned down as he closed the distance between us. Our lips met, fireworks erupted and tingles ignited upon contact.

I can't help but to go against my wishes and deepen the kiss instead. I should have resisted, but I chose not to this time. For some reason, Piper was yipping in glee as we kissed.

I knew things will happen as I expected. She cheered in triumph while I pushed her to the back of my mind and focused on the situation on hand.

Slowly, I broke away from the kiss. My forehead leaned against his as a ghost of smile stayed on my lips. Even though the kiss was a brief one, I felt bliss the moment his lips met mine.

"It's not fair." I breathed heavily, our pants filling the empty hallway. "The mate bond is making me so insane."

He pulled me closer towards him, planting a kiss on my skin. "Then don't resist it anymore, baby." He whispered as I could feel a smile against my skin.

I peeled my eyes open, staring at him with love. "It's hard to believe that I will actually not move a muscle the moment you kissed me."

He simply chuckled, a flash of amusement flickering in his eyes.

"Since you can't bring yourself to slap me for kissing you, you might as well stop resisting and become mine from now on." He whispered, his choice of words hitting me.

"Are you asking me for permission to make this official?" I breathed out, still staring at him as I bit my lips in anticipation. "No. This time, even if you fiercely object to it, I am still not going to hesitate to make you mine."

I grabbed his collar and pulled him towards me as my lips grazed across his teasingly. "As long as you put off the mating ritual, I might consider."