Little Slytherin

The next morning started without a hitch. I dressed quickly in my uniform and robes ready to start the day. I ran to the great hall excited about my newly budding friendship with Lynnette. Glancing around the hall I noticed Blaise waving me down like a mad man.

  I walked over to him thinking he might've been choking or something was wrong. What I didn't expect was for him to pull me into the seat next to him and immediately launch into conversation.

   "Little Slytherin how'd did you sleep? I thought you were going to take a bath before bed last night?" I gave him a weird look.

   "I did Blaise? Though I guess I didn't go to my regular spot since I ran into a friend. I'm supposed to be eating breakfast with her now actually." I glanced back at her table hoping to catch a glimpse of her but to my dismay I didn't see her.

   "Morrigan can I sit here?"

  I turned around thinking another Slytherin wanted the seat next to me but was surprised to see the friendly Ravenclaw from yesterday.

   "Lynnette! Oh good I thought you weren't coming. Sit, sit!" I said sliding closer to Blaise. Lynnette hopped into the seat next to me just as our plates appeared on the table. Today for breakfast were blueberry waffles with maple syrup, eggs made in every way I could think of, honey glazed ham, and avocado toast.

  "Draco will be coming down shortly, he had to write a reply to his mum via owl." Blaise explained when I took notice of the empty seat in front of him. I simply nodded and listened to Lynnette complain about her snoring bunkmates.

   "I had to cast a silencing charm on them last night to finally get some sleep." She groaned. Her tie was askew and her hair had a few flyaways. I pulled out my wand a muttered a hair charm that instantly smoothed her hair, then I reached over and fixed her tie as well.

   "Oh thank you so much, I didn't even notice!" She exclaimed. Just then the double doors opened and in walked Hermione followed by Ron and Harry as well as an older tall dark haired man. He looked vaguely familiar to me.

   I nudged Blaise in the ribs causing him to nearly choke on his drink.

   "Merlin's beard, you have some boney elbows!" Blaise said after a coughing fit while rubbing his tender side probably bruised; he's right I do have boney elbows, I felt a little bad for hurting him.

   "Who is that with those three Gryffindors, Blaise? He looks oddly familiar?" I asked.

   "Oh that's Sirius Black. You might recognize him from when he escaped Azkaban or earlier when he was almost killed by Bellatrix Lestrange, some auror jumped in and saved him. Turned out to be a secret lover and Rita Skeeter went wild with that popular story, 'Sirius Black's Secret Lover: When did they meet?'" He explained before he went back to inhaling his food.

   However, his explanation didn't make sense. I wasn't around then so I knew it wasn't that. When the double doors opened again, this time it was the person I wanted to see. Draco. Today he looked glum.

   I waited until he had a bite of food before I said anything to him. He needed to eat, he had a big game yesterday and breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When he took that bite, however, I couldn't help myself.

   "Are you okay, Draco?" I asked. My question must have caught him off guard because he actually looked around to see who I was talking to.

   "Uh yeah?" He said one eyebrow raised in question.

   "I'm sorry to intrude, you just looked upset when you walked in. I wanted to see if there was anything I could do." I said starting to feel embarrassed. I was probably wrong about what I saw and now I was digging my own grave.

   "Well actually there is something you can do." He smirked. Then his eyes left mine and his face fell. I turned to see what he was looking at and saw the Gryffindor trio and their plus one staring at me. What was their problem? My heart started beating faster when the man named Sirius Black's face changed from shock, to anger, to happiness right before my eyes. I almost died right there at the table when he stood up and made his way towards me. Was he going to cause a scene?

   Before Sirius reached the table Draco had his wand at the ready and stopped him in his tracks.

   "State your business."

   "I'd like to talk to Morrigan if that's okay with you?" Sirius said his hands raised up to his shoulders.

   "Draco! Put your wand away before you get us all in trouble. You can't just go whipping it out willy nilly like that! What will people think?" Lynnette whispered. He lowered his wand but Sirius stayed put.

   "Whatever you say to her can be said here, with us." Draco replied to Sirius. This caused both men to turn towards me.

   "Morrigan, I thought you were dead. I can't believe that I'm seeing you in the flesh right now. I haven't seen you since you were a year old. You look just like your father." Sirius said shocking me to my core.

  "You know my family? My real family?" I breathed out.

  "I knew them yes." He said sadly. I should have known they were gone, but I held out a hope that the wouldn't be.

   "Perhaps we should go somewhere more private? You can come along Draco." Sirius spoke once again before Draco could cut him off. I nodded and followed him out of the great hall.

   We didn't stop until we had gone down several arched corridors. I don't think I had classes in this wing of the castle before, shit I'm completely lost. I panicked my eyes darting around the room, before landing on a smirking Draco. His gaze slowly slid from me back to Sirius. The mystery man himself had stopped ahead of of not terribly far away from us.

  "Alright this is far enough, tell us what you know?" Draco said with a scowl. Sirius glanced at him for a passing second before I had his full attention.

   "How did you know my parents?" I asked.

   "Your father was my younger brother Regulus and your mother was Severus Snape's half sister." Sirius said taking note of Draco's surprise.

   "What does that mean? Who is Severus Snape?" I implored confused.

   "Professor Snape used to teach here before he died last year in the great battle." Draco explained for me.

  "Snivellus taught here!? Oh that's news," Sirius said with a smirk before he went on, "it means that you are from the house of  Prince and the house of Black, a pure blood witch. From what Harry and his friends have told me, most likely the most powerful one since Dumbledore, maybe even greater than him."

   I stared at him dumbfounded. That couldn't possibly be true. I didn't know anything about wizardry or this other reality not that long ago.

   "What happened to my parents? My dad? Mom?"

   "Your father had you at such a young age. He died when he was 18. Two years before I went to Azkaban. My family's house elf has told me that he drowned while defying Voldemort, that without him we wouldn't be here." Sirius stated. His eyes held sadness unlike what I had ever seen before in this jolly man, the fire that lit up his eyes was nearly diminished.

    "I'm so sorry, I didn't know he was so young." I tried to comfort him.

   "Your mother was different, I can say that much. She loved you dearly and held to you as long as she could. Her mother had her own affair after her husband cheated, and your mother was born not long after. When she met my brother it wasn't hard to see that they loved each other. Only love was held between the two. You were born the year my brother was murdered, your mother came to me desperate for help. I wasn't going to at first until she had shown you to me. Even as a babe you were the exact replica of my brother. I helped your mother as much as I could, however she was sadly slain by Peter Pettigrew, the night Harry's parents were killed as well. I only assume you were ordered to be killed as well, but the Death Eater in charge of doing so took pity and left you with muggles. I always thought you were dead." Sirius continued growing more somber.

   My own eyes held tears as well. Our family had gone through so much all because of a man named Voldemort. I couldn't help the tears that fell from my face and on to the stone floor.