Reunion

I had to stop once on my journey back to school. Flying down into the first clear meadow I spotted I took a nap in my animagus form. I knew nobody would mess with a dragon and I was thankfully crossed the magic border between the muggle world. I had been up all night flying and saving Draco. Dawn was peaking its orange and pink hues across the horizon when I finally started flying back to Hogwarts. My muscles ached and the sun beating down on my scales prompted me to land amidst the blooming sea of flowers and sleep in the meadow with the warmth of the afternoon sun's rays.

    I awoke mid evening and stretched. I was still incredibly sore and felt weak. Despite this I pushed onward. My body giving it's protest as I wobbled in the sky, my flying erratic. I was just about to give up completely when I spotted the castle about a mile away. I used to last of my energy to get me to school. My breathing was labored and my wings hurt, yet I pushed onwards.

   The screams of students as I got closer reached my ears. I tried to spot my friends among the mass of student bodies, yet I couldn't see any familiar faces. Just as I was within reach my wings gave out and I hurtled into ground, crash landing.

    "Get inside students! Report to your classrooms immediately." I heard Headmistress Mcgonagall say as she pushed past curious students of all houses. 

    "Oh dear. Oh Morrigan, let's get you inside deary." Mcgonagall tssked at me. My eyes were too heavy to open yet I felt her lay a gentle hand on my snout in comfort.

   During what felt like an eternity of an ever flowing sea of pitch black darkness, I drifted in and out of sleep. My eyes still felt much too heavy to open and so I rested. When I did awaken it was to the sounds of my friend's voices gathered by my feet.

   "Is she awake yet?" That was Blaise to my right.

   "It doesn't seem like it." Lynette said next to him on his left.

   "Quit pushing Lynette!" Quincey screeched. I popped one eye open and watched as he and Lynette playfully scuffled at the end of the cot I was laying on.

  "Oi look you two! You woke her up! Draco she's awake! Get yer arse over here!" Blaise hollered.

   "And now I'm deaf, thanks Zabini." I croaked cracking my other eye open. My throat was dry as a bone. Madam Pomfry hobbled over with Draco carrying a glass of water. He was still covered in bruises, but they were lighter and not as vividly purple as they once were. Madam Pomfry handed me the glass of water and I downed it quickly.

   "We've been waiting for you to wake up to talk about everything." Lynette said.

   "Ugh about time you woke up!" Quincey said and then tossed a glare to Lynette.

   "You bitch! When were you going to tell me you are an Animagus!? A wolf no less! We're roomies." He cried.

   "I was going to tell everyone when we got Draco back but I figured it was better to attack in animagus form to catch them off guard. A wolf in a forest makes much more sense than a Ravenclaw student. Morrigan helped me." Lynette explained.

  "You two were keeping secrets?" Blaise asked feeling hurt.

   "It was a long a difficult process. We didn't say anything because we failed the first time. Whole spell got messed up because someone swallowed her mandrake leaf halfway through." I replied with a small laugh.

   "What else happened?" Draco asked.

   "Well after Lynette ripped a man's arm clear off we rushed in and started attacking everyone outside. Meanwhile Morrigan began looking for you." Quincey started Draco nodded his head following along.

   "I came in to find Morrigan as a dragon snapping a Deatheater in half with her teeth. Your dad had run away before I could ensnare him." Lynette continued.

  "I just got so angry seeing you the way you were. And with your father gloating over their plans I just snapped and next thing I knew I was almost about to eat a person, blegh. Then we left the tent and Lynette got hit with the Cruciatus curse." I picked up from where Lynette left off.

   "Quincey and I made our way over to the girls after I ended up killing the dark wizard that broke Quincey's leg. He levitated him into the air and then just dropped him!" Blaise added.

   "Thank Merlin for Madam Pomfry! Though her bone mending potion is absolutely horrid. Harry did come and see me though." Quincey blushed.

   "So then Morrigan flew us all back?" Draco asked.

   "No......we used a portkey. Morrigan stayed behind to make sure we all were safe." Blaise said hesitantly.

   "You left her behi-" Draco whirled around to me.

  "YOU LET THEM LEAVE YOU? We talked about this Morrigan!" I flinched at his tone.

   "Draco it's not like tha-" I began. He held up a finger to silence me.

   "We will talk about this later. What happened after they port keyed out?" He asked frustrated.

   "I burnt everything down. The few Deatheaters that survived turned to smoke and disappeared. Your father came back and stabbed me with a dag-" I didn't finish and instead ripped the blanket off to inspect my ribs.

   "I had a bloody hell of a time getting that out of you dear. Cursed it was. If I didn't get it out of you when I did would of burrowed itself in ya it would." Madam Pomfry stated walking back over to our group.

   "C-cursed?" I stuttered.

   "Yes dear. It would travel it's way to you heart, causing terrible damage until you died. You're good to go to dinner with your friends. I imagine you're hungry. Been here a week y'have." Madam Pomfry stated matter of factly placing a tray with a wooden bowl of soup on my lap.

   "Alright the rest of ya, be off. She's got to rest." She said before hobbling away.

  "We'll see you later Morrigan!" Lynette said with a smile then gently tugged on Blaise's arm, who gave a small wave before following her lead.

   "Get better, Love. I have so much more to tell you!" Quincey winked at me then sauntered out the door leaving me alone with Draco who was watching our friends leave. He then whirled around to face me. A glare evident against his beautiful features.