Regret Part two

I sank back into the pillow of my cot.

   "We talked about this Morrigan." Draco said calmly even though every fiber in my being screamed at me about the anger that was clearly rolling off him in waves.

   "I-I...I couldn't do n-nothing. We all wanted to h-help." I stumbled over my words as I tried to shrink away from his scrutiny and make myself seem smaller.

   Draco sighed and ran his hand through his platinum locks. He looked tired.

   "They know what you look like now. You shouldn't have come. They want to use you to bring back the Dark Lord."

   "It's not going to happen Draco. We're safe here and I've no plans to do anything reckless again so soon." I tried to joke with him to lighten the mood.

  "Of course not Morrigan! Don't you understand how hopeless I feel!? I can't keep you safe, I couldn't keep my own mother safe! I don't want to be rescued anymore, this year was supposed to be better! But every bloody year it's the fucking same, except now they want to use the girl I care the most about to bring back the worst person to ever walk the wizarding world!" Draco fumed his voice raising.

  "Draco." I tried.

  "And to top it all off, when I thought I had the advantage. That they didn't know what you looked like, who you were. You come running in and giving them exactly that!" He continued.

  "I wasn't going to leave you for them to kill Draco! You don't get to make me feel these things for you and then just give up when it's convenient!" I argued.

  "You're in trouble with terrible people Morrigan! They killed every muggle whose home they used as a hiding spot or who happened fo be in their way. They tortured the wizards that did the same. It's just a game for them." He countered.

   "And I killed most of them! We are safe for now!" I was getting angrier. My voice was raising to the point of almost screaming at him.

  "We're not safe. And you're going to be punished for disobeying me, Morrigan. I told you to quit being a hero and you didn't listen. You got yourself stabbed by my father for Merlin's sake! This isn't the end of this." He said before storming out of the room.

  For the next few days I rested and talked to my friends when they came to visit. Draco didn't visit at all and when I was let out from the infirmary I avoided him. I felt a sense of Deja Vu from our actions but he wanted to be childish and I wasn't going to be the first to forgive. Instead I made a game of it. When it was time for our shared classes I sat with different students. Professor Slughorn found it humorous that I avoided him in class and helped me out a few times pairing me up with a random Hufflepuff or Quincey on group projects.

   For meals I sat with Lynette or Quincey. Sometimes when I really wanted to push Draco's buttons I sat next to Harry who seemed to not mind at all. The entire time I could feel Draco glaring red-hot daggers into my back though. Our common room was the hardest to avoid him in but I simply stayed in Lynette and Quincey's room until late or made sure I was in my room before dinner was over. Quincey found it hilarious. I invited him over to my room several times during the week where we would talk about his latest conquests and his ever growing crush on Harry Potter.

  The week flew by however. My avoidance game at it's peek as I sat at the Gryffindor table for the 3rd time this week.

   "Y'know when you aren't around that bast- I mean Draco, you're actually really cool Morrigan." Ron said with his mouth full.

  "Ronald Weasley! Don't talk with your mouth full. We're going to graduate this year and you still can't even do that!" Hermione huffed.

   "You aren't too bad yourself Ron." I laughed. It was no different today than any other day I sat here. Draco's gaze was burning holes into my skin as he watched my every move. I didn't have to turn around to know he was watching. He always was. Lynette didn't like that I tortured him like this, 'Fraternizing with the enemy' she called it. From her laughter across the room I could tell she was sitting next to Blaise today. She didn't approve but she didn't stop me either. Today I sat next to Harry who sat across from Hermione and Ron.