5

( *** - flashback )

♡○●○

ALL you gotta do is knock and then inform him that the car has arrived. 

That's very easy, you can do it Nari!

"Yes, I can do this." Nari tells herself as she fixes her hair into a ponytail while facing her body-length mirror.

The school will be having a field trip today, that's why she's up early and is currently debating how she'll approach San once their ride arrives.

Seonghwa has presented to pick up the two of them so they can all go together to school and so they won't miss the school bus and arrive on time just before it departs to the destination of their school trip.

"There, all good." Nari compliments herself before grabbing her purse and phone and shoving it inside her sling bag. 

Just then a loud honk came from outside. Seonghwa and the guys are here!

Nari hurriedly exited and locked her room, then she went in front of San's room. She releases a shaky breath before she finally has the courage to knock on his door.

But there was no answer. So she tried knocking one more time, saying, "S-San? The car is here." Still, no answer.

So when another honk resounded from outside, she didn't hesitate anymore and barged inside San's room.

Only to find it empty.

Silly me, of course he wouldn't want to do anything with me.

Of course, he left first.

Then suddenly, she remembers the look San gave her that day. No hint of recognition can be seen from his face. No softness, just plain cold.

When she felt like crying again, Nari fought it back with a bitter laugh.

If that's what he wants, then I'll give him that. 

Besides, what are best friends for, right?

...

When the group of five arrived at the school grounds, Nari's blood immediately boiled when her eyes unconsciously landed on a familiar figure from afar.

Under the shade of a tree, laughing again, with the same girl she saw him with that day.

That dipsh-

"Good morning, Nari!!" Wooyoung greets merrily as he comes into view, completely blocking away San and the girl from Nari's sight.

And for that, she's thankful, so she focused her attention on her friend instead.

"Hi Woo, you look...happy?" 

"Yeah, duh- I mean, we're going on a trip so I'm happy because I know it'll be fun, plus, I get to spend it with you." Then he shoots her a wink. 

With the days she's spent with him, she's come to realize that Wooyoung is a flirt, but on top of that, he's a man full of love, he's the definition of love itself, and maybe that's what makes him different and Nari's already grown accustomed to it. But sometimes he still makes her flustered, just like now...

"S-Stop that." Nari looks away shyly, her cheeks tinted pink.

"Stop what?" Wooyoung asks, tilting his head to the side. And when he realizes what the girl meant, he's quick to poke her on the sides and tease her with a playful smirk etched on his lips.