6

♡○●○

"AGAIN."

Nari drops to the floor as Wooyoung's stern voice echoed throughout the dance studio.

The teachers were all having a meeting, so that leaves two of their classes vacant. Nari was bored to the bones, that's why she kept bugging Wooyoung to do something about it. And that's how the two ended up in the dance studio. The latter had volunteered to teach her some moves, which Nari excitedly agreed to.

Now, all the excitement has died down and all that's left of the female was sweat and tiredness.

When Wooyoung has finished executing some moves to a random song and has turned to look at the girl lying on the floor looking tired as ever, his lips break into a small smile.

"You're tired already?" Wooyoung asks Nari as he sits down on the floor, cross-legged. He takes his time to brush away the black fringes that had stuck to his forehead due to sweat.

"Yeah, and do you know what else I'm feeling right now?" The girl asks, her eyes twinkling at the thought of something. Something she knows the latter won't be able to say no to.

Wooyoung sighs, already knowing what the girl will say next.

"Let me guess, you're feeling hot and hungry and....you're craving for ice cream."

"Mint choco ice cream, to be exact." Nari smiles sheepishly. "Mint choco ice cream that Jung Wooyoung will kindheartedly treat me to." She adds, making the latter groan.

"My poor wallet..." Wooyoung mumbles as he buried his face in his hands. But Nari doesn't let him have it and instead, she stands up and drags the male out of the studio and into the cafeteria.

Whether Wooyoung likes it or not, she knows she'll be getting that ice cream of hers.

...

"I'm never bringing my wallet again the next time." Wooyoung grumbles as he fixes his things inside his locker. He was about to grab one of his books when he felt a tap on his shoulder. When he turns around, he finds Hongjoong looking at him with a serious expression. And then he says,

"We need to talk."

When Hongjoong said 'we', Wooyoung didn't expect he'll be face to face with all of the guys - Hongjoong himself, Seonghwa, Yunho and Yeosang.

All of them were seated in a circle while he was in the middle of all their piercing stares. Wooyoung gulps.

Did I do something now?

"Jung Wooyoung..." Seonghwa starts, and the latter tries his best to not let them know how all of them are beginning to scare him as of the moment. Is this talk that serious?

Then Yunho throws in a question, a question the latter didn't expect to hear, at all.

"Do you like Nari?"

There was silence, before Wooyoung's high-pitched laugh resounded inside the room.

While he continued pouring out his laughter, the rest of the guys looked at him confusingly, puzzled, even.

"Wooyoung?"

"I-just wait a minute..." Wooyoung exhales, putting a hand on his stomach as he wipes away the small tears that had formed at the corner of his eyes.

"What kind of silly question is that? Of course I like her, who wouldn't?"

"Like, as in like? Not as a friend? You harbor romantic feelings for her?" Seonghwa presses.

And that's when Wooyoung realized what they meant by like.

"Ahhhh~" He says, snapping his fingers. "That's what you all meant? Then, sorry to say this but, no. Oh, c'mon! Nari's like the sister I wished to have, but never had." He says, and the guys could see he was telling the truth.

And so, Seonghwa lets out a sigh of relief. Then, getting curious as ever, Wooyoung tilts his head slightly to the side, asking, "Wait, why are we having this talk again?"

Yunho sighs before saying, "You see..."

And that's when Wooyoung realized he fucked up.

But he thought it might be better to play a little bit before he decides to approach Choi San.

...

After thinking a lot and figuring out his mistakes, San walks to school alone, since he woke up late and Nari was already out of the house.

With heavy steps and a heavy heart, he decided it was time for him to own up to his mistakes, stop focusing only on his feelings and be the man he was supposed to be.

He knows it might've been not said directly to him, but he also knows Nari and his friendship were at the verge of breaking, if it wasn't already.

San said fuck it and that it's now or never. He's about to head to school and ask Nari out to the school dance, and get his second chance right then and there.

The school dance was one of the most anticipated school events that little San and Nari had both wished to go to since they were young.

San remembers telling her back then, "I'll be the one who'll take you on that school dance, Nari. No one else, just me." And the girl would always giggle at his statement, making him pout.

The memory brought a bitter smile to his face.

And to say he expected it, San's heart still shattered at the scene he just arrived at, in front of their classroom.

"Will you, Jung Nari, go to the dance with me?" It was Wooyoung who was on his knees, a bouquet of candies on his hand as he stared up at the girl.

And when Nari said yes, it was enough to make San's vision blurry with his unshed tears, his fists clenching at the side.

Then, he sees it. Wooyoung smirking at his direction, subtly.

Then the crowd cheers, even his friends.

And just like the coward he is, he turns around and walks away.

...

Ugh, they all better repay me once they fix their shit, cause honestly I'm doing most of the work here.

Wooyoung grumbles as he continues down the path of cement. He cheers internally when he spots the café that San has agreed to meet him to.

That dipshit better be here.

Then the door opens with a jingle upon his entrance, an employee with the name Mingi, welcomes him in with a smile.

Then he spots the familiar black-haired male at the far corner, seated at a table while talking to a red-haired figure, and as Wooyoung scans his clothes, he sees the name tag 'Jongho' and figures he must be an employee here.

Then he walks to their table, clearing his throat as he arrives. San looks up at him with a cold glare, before telling the red-haired male to leave them two for a moment.

And now, Wooyoung's seated in front of him.

"Hello, Sa-"

"What is it that you want Jung?" San hisses, clearly not wanting to stay longer in an enclosed space with the latter. Then Wooyoung notices how his eyes were red and puffy. Hah, he must've been crying.

"Listen here, dipshit. I came here to do you a favor so you better drop that irritating act of yours and thank me instead."

"And why should I do that?" San fires back, eyes looking dangerous, but beneath them, Wooyoung could see the pain he's been hiding.

"Because..." Wooyoung trails off, and then he starts with the sentence that he knows will capture San's whole attention.

"Nari likes you too, dipshit."

And then, he smirks.