Author's Note #2

A little update for those who are curious at to when there will be a new chapter to this story. I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't know when I'll finish writing it. Writer's block, coupled with work kinda makes it hard for me to finish this next chapter, especially when I currently have a lot more motivation to keep writing these other two stories I'm currently working on (not Saints Row related, by the way). Honestly, it's not like I don't know how to carry the story from where I left it off. Quite the opposite, in fact. I have too many ideas of returning characters, new subplots, the gangs, etc. But this next chapter is supposed to act as a bridge to all that, by showing the Saints leaving Stilwater and preparing to go to New Holland. And currently, I'm just feeling a little stuck on this chapter, and I don't want to just rush it out when I currently lack the spark or drive for it. But I know at some point in the future, I'll have it done and I'll continue the rest of the story. But as for now, I guess Saints Row: The Next Chapter is going on a bit of a hiatus, and I just wanted to make it official. If you were just interested in hearing the status of this story, I guess you can stop reading here, but I also wanted to take this time to announce that in the meantime, I'll be working on two different stories, and I want to take this time to explain them.

One is a Mortal Kombat story, which follows Kuai Liang (the second and most notable Sub Zero) and the Lin Kuei. It follows the younger Sub Zero's journey to find redemption. I personally have always found Sub Zero to be the most interesting and likeable character from Mortal Kombat, what with his many obstacles he constantly overcomes, such as the death of his brother and his evil resurrection, the sins of his clan and the Cyber Lin Kuei, and seeking his redemption and the redemption of his clan. I expect this story to be very long, but I just know I'll have a lot of fun writing it, and I hope some of you enjoy it.

The other story comes from the Batman mythos, and follows one of DC's newest characters and her psychotic boyfriend: Punchline and The Joker. I found myself intrigued with her character and their dynamic when it became clear that rather than her being manipulated and abused, like Harley Quinn, she's about just as a evil as The Joker and actively followed him on her own volition as a partner rather than a sidekick. I like that it seems The Joker can rely on her to not only handle more responsibilities and tasks than Harley Quinn, but also trusts her to carry out his plans on her own while he works on other things. I want to write a story which shows a buildup to that relationship, while switching between the two's perspectives throughout the chapters.

So that concludes that. Saints Row is on hiatus, but I'm working on a Mortal Kombat story and a Joker and Punchline story in the meantime. I expect those two stories to be published soon. As for now, take care and I'll see y'all next time. Peace.