28. crossing the fine line

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

jeongguk ended up actually going on that date with yugyeom anyways after they both had agreed to move it to a later hour — jeongguk needed that after the steamy jealous-angry sex in the janitor room.

they went to the cinema and watched a horror movie which jeongguk thought that it low-key sucked. the thing that kept him entertained the whole time was yugyeom hugging his arm throughout the whole movie and flinching at the jump-scare noises emitting from the speakers.

next, they went to get some food and spent some time at a game arcade, which was pretty much the highlight of the day.

yugyeom mainly took pictures of jeongguk doing random things. at some point, he even took picture of their hands holding and made jeongguk grin as wide as he could just for a picture. the doll found his hard-work amusing and played along.

jeongguk had a really great time. it was refreshing to take time off schoolworks. he just kind of wished that bambam, eunwoo and jaehyun were there with them too, especially with how competitive each of them were — it'd be so fun.

yugyeom parked his car right in front of his jeongguk's house and turned to him without saying anything, only wearing a whimsical smile on his lips.

jeongguk turned his head to look at him. "that was fun, thank you." he said appreciatively and that was also when he noted that yugyeom had something up his sleeve.

"thanks too." yugyeom muttered and ever so discreetly inched closer to jeongguk.

at that, jeongguk squinted at him in suspicion, while remaining still in his seat, unmoved. "what is it?"

the look of realisation fall upon his face when he caught yugyeom quite blatantly flickered his gaze between his eyes and lips. "do you want a kiss or something?"

"i kinda do." yugyeom laughed. "i guess i haven't had this much fun on a date in such a very long time. it just feels right to end it with a kiss."

jeongguk hummed. "you wouldn't feel bad about kissing me?"

"not at all cause it's you." yugyeom loomed closer. "everything's so easy and simple with you."

jeongguk smiled a little and then moved his face close towards yugyeom's.

he placed a hand on the side of the boy's neck and kissed him first. when their lips touched, the thought of taehyung randomly popped up in his mind.

taehyung.

he'd like to think that it was because he was so used to kissing taehyung and taehyung only for a long period of time that kissing anyone else propelled his mind to immediately think of taehyung.

but it was kind of more than just that.

perhaps, maybe kissing yugyeom didn't feel as good as kissing taehyung? or kissing anyone would never feel as good as kissing taehyung?

jeongguk broke off the kiss when yugyeom was just starting to go slightly deeper into his mouth. he drew his hand off yugyeom's neck, repeatedly blinking contemplatively.