Chapter 4- Will

As I head upstairs to my room I can hear their laughter. But I don't care.

    I wanted to ask mom questions and now I couldn't. I've been obsessing about when Kaitlyn was going to get here all day and she's been here for 3 hours. That means she got here at 10:00 literally right after we left.

    I sigh and jump in the shower to clear my head.

    When I get out I go to my dresser and pull a gray t-shirt over my head. My phone buzzes on my desk so I walk over and check it.

     Jack: Did you figure out when she's getting home?

    I hesitate, not sure what to say. I don't want to go and get him right when I just got back to find Kat sitting at my table. But he loves her too.

Me: Yeah, um about that...
Jack: WHat?!
Jack: dude what's going on why aren't you answering me?!
Me: Chill out Jack I'm typing
Jack:ugh
Me: She was already here when I got here! Mom said she showed up early and she didn't feel like finding us to tell us. :/
Jack: wtf? I'm on my way!
Me: So you don't need a ride?
Jack: nope Nates driving me and Dan
Me: k

    I take a deep breath and get ready for this to be the rest of my life. At least this year. She was my best friend from ages 6-13 so it's not like this is new.

    And she doesn't seem different. She's sarcastic as ever and judging from the I can hear her moaning over doughnuts down stairs she still loves food. She always could eat more than me and Jack.

    Based on her outfit she also still isn't like most girls and couldn't care less about her clothes or appearance. She is wearing an oversized sweatshirt and purple leggings.

    I mean don't get me wrong she's hot. Not like Camryn though. Not the stereotypical California-girl-trying-to-be-hot hot. She was prettier. She was the natural kind of beautiful. The beauty that comes when you don't know you're beautiful and you don't try to be.

    It makes me sweat just thinking about it. Her with her long beach waves of dirty blond hair and long tan legs. I could tell she still loved the beach.

    She is almost as tall as me -about 5'7- which was an impressive feat because I towered over most girls at 6'1. Then again she was never most girls.

    Her eyes though, are the most intriguing things about her. They hold so much wisdom and pain. But they're guarded even around us. It was impossible to tell if they were brown or blue or green. You could definitely lose your mind looking into them and trying to figure out.

    My phone vibrates again snapping me out of the haze I'm in. So I look down at Jack's message.

Jack: Pulling up now ;)

    Crap! I pull my jeans on and rush down the stairs turning the corner and bounding right into Kat.

    She looks up at me in amusement and I feel my face getting hot.

    "Sorry," I apologize.

    Her eyes sparkle as she asks, "That's okay. Were you in a hurry to get to me," she pauses, "or the bathroom?"

    I laugh and shake my head. Yep definitely the same Kaitlyn Summers.

    "I don't know," I say. "What do you want to hear?"

    She looks up at me eyes wide before looking away and blushing.

    Oh my god! I mentally slap myself. I didn't even realize that sounded so flirty. I mean technically what she said was flirty too but I know she was really making fun of me because of whatever mom let slip to her.