Chapter 8-Will

"What the hell is going on over here?" A flirty voice asks. I groan and look up to see Camryn making her way toward the group of guys that were watching Kait and I play C&D.

    "Go home bitch." Someone yells in the crowd.

    This is going to make me seem like an asshole but I can't help but agree with whoever it was.

    But Cam just frowns and walks over to Jack. She grabs his hands and looks into his eyes.

  "Are you going to let your friends talk to me that way babe?" She asks him.

    Jack grimaces and yanks his hands away from hers.

    "Yes I am. You shouldn't be here and I'm not your 'babe'" He tells her.

    I see Camryn struggling to get her anger under control. I used to not understand why she puts herself in these situations but I think I get it now. She isn't used to guys breaking up with her. She is used to them hanging on her every word and not caring what kind of person she is. She can't help herself because Jack doesn't want her and she doesn't understand that. It's like a game, I've seen guys do that before but I am only just starting to realize she does it too.

    I see Kat trying not to laugh and she starts walking toward the two of them.

    I grab her arm and whisper, "What are you doing?"

    She looks at me and tells me to trust her. Then she walks up to Jack and hooks an arm around his waist. Uh-oh this isn't going to end well.

    "I am guessing your Camryn?" She smiles sweetly. "I've heard so much about you."

    "And who are you?" Camryn glares and Kat's arm.

    "Oh sorry," She says, falsely apologetic. "I'm Kaitlyn. Didn't Jack tell you I'm living with him?"

    I hear Cam gasp and see Jack trying to hide his smile.

    Kat leans in and whispers something in her ear that makes her go beat red. She huffs and grabs Jack's shirt, pulling him toward her.

    "C'mon baby, you don't want that tramp. You know I am much better than she is."

    Oh hell no she did not just call Kaitlyn a tramp. My eyes find Jacks and I know we are both worried about the same thing. Kait doesn't take shit from ANYONE. So this is not going to end well and we brought her here to make friends not enemies.

    I glance at Kait and see that she has her eyes closed and is taking a deep breath.

    "Just go away, Camryn." Jack pleads.

    "You're seriously picking that bitch over me!" She huffs.

    Kait takes a step forward and Jack tries to grab her arm but she shrugs away.

    "I don't know what you think you're talking about but from everything I've heard you're the bitch not me. And also how pathetic do you have to be to keep chasing a man who clearly doesn't want you"

    "You're going to regret that."

    "You don't scare me. Sorry," Kat replies, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

    Camryn opens her mouth but doesn't have any words. I can practically see her vision go red as she turns around and stomps up the steps.

    Once she's gone the whole crowd erupts in cheers. And Kait is laughing so hard I'm not sure she can breathe.

The three of us walk toward the ocean to get away from the crowd and Jack is staring at her in awe.

I shake my head and tell her, "That was awesome but super risky. She practically runs our school and you made her hate you before school even started."

"Kait just shrugs and says, "I really don't care what some washed up barbie, mean-girl wannabe thinks of me. She can't hurt me and she doesn't scare me. So we are at an impasse."

"Now that is someone I can get behind." A voice from behind us says.

We turn around and see Bree Cambridge coming toward us. She's like the badass rebel of our school. She gets a bad wrap from the blue hair and the fact that she doesn't hang with many girls, but she is actually pretty cool.

She makes a beeline for Kat and sticks out her hand.

"I'm Bree," she says. "I don't have many girl friends but anyone who can take on CrocoCam and from what I hear Darren, can hang with me anyday."

Kait laughs, taking her hand. "All in a day's work. That was nothing."

"Well then, I can't wait to see what else you can do. And more importantly what we can do." She says winking. "Imma get a beer, see you later."

    We watch her walk away and Kat shakes her head before admitting that she likes her.

    "Yeah she's pretty cool, I can see how you two would get along." I reply, shaking my head thinking of all the trouble they could get into together.

    Jack smiles, putting his arm around her shoulders and whispering something in her ear. Whatever he says makes Kait throwback her head and laugh harder than I've seen in a long time.

    It feels amazing to hear her laugh again. She has the best laugh of anyone I have ever met. She is so loose and doesn't care what others think of her so she just sounds so happy. I can't help but wish I was the one who made her laugh like that.

    Before I can say something to her though a loud voice interrupts my train of thought.

    "YO! I get that you've got your girl back and all, but you've barely spent any time with us Wiil."

    "Yeah, get your ass over here Davis!"
    I sigh and look over at Kait apologetically. She looks at me and knows exactly what I am telling her without me having to speak a word.

    "Go," she laughs when I start to shake my head. "Go, hang out with your friends. We have all the time in the world to catch up."

    She winks and hell if it isn't incredibly sexy.

    So I get up and jog off towards my friends before I do anything stupid. As I am, I realize that I am going to have to get a handle on my emotions. I can't risk saying or doing something to make this awkward. I don't want to lose this friendship and from what little mom has told me she doesn't need the added drama.