Chapter 17

"What?!" Tommy shouted, standing with his dinner knife brandished.

"What the f-ck!? Eret! You f-ing ratted us out?" Quackity cried jumping from his chair and flicking out his straight razor.

"F-ing hell, Eret!"

"I trusted you!"

Eret pulled out their sword and stood between Tommy and Quackity at the table and Technoblade. "These two are under my protection. You'll have to get through me to get to them."

Quackity noticed they didn't say three, Eret was trying to hide Tubbo. Even with the three of them, they were no match for Technoblade if he wanted to kill them and they all knew it. At least, if he believed he got them all, Tubbo might survive.

Technoblade smirked. "You say that like it'd be hard." he said darkly. Then he put his sword away and sauntered into the room. "Chill, chill, I'm not here for them. I come over to your place thinking maybe me and you could have a nice dinner and there's two other guys here you didn't even think to mention and you didn't even have a place set for me. Really, I'm the one who should be offended," he said, putting his hand on Eret's shoulder.

Eret bristled. "I'm sorry, no one told me they were planning to stop by for dinner tonight. Including you," Eret said stiffly.

"Yeah, but me and you, we're cool. You don't care if I come by unannounced."

"When have you ever come by at all? If I had any real power to rule and wasn't just a figurehead, you'd kill me."

Technoblade chuckled. "Yeah." He took a glass from the table a drank it. "But, you know, you're wrong; even a figurehead has some power. And that's why I'm here."

Tommy and Quackity jumped forward to protect Eret. A f-ing ridiculous move given what they were armed with, but Quackity wasn't about to let Eret die without a fight; not after what he'd just done for them.

"Hey, relax, I'm not killing anyone tonight. Probably. The night's still young."

"Why are you here, then?" Tommy demanded.

"You know, like I said, dinner. And maybe some conversation."

Eret sighed. "Fine. I'll inform the cooks."

Eret, Quackity, and Tommy kept shooting glances at each other as Technoblade blissfully consumed a dish of potatoes and carrots.

"Well, talk!" Tommy said. "You said you came here for conversation."

"I said maybe for some conversation," he replied, dabbing his tusks with his napkin.

"Fine, what the f-ck do you maybe want to talk about?"

"I mean if you're going to talk to me that way maybe I'll just come by some other time."

"Ignore Tommy," Quackity said. "He was born without any f-ing manners, a condition that could possibly prove fatal if he keeps this up," he finished through gritted teeth. "You came here for a reason. What is it?"

"Maybe after dessert. We are having dessert, right?" He looked up at Eret with large, round eyes.

Eret rolled their eyes in exasperation. "Fine." They whispered something to the footman who ducked back into the kitchen.

Technoblade dug in to his large hot fudge and sliced strawberries ice cream sundae as the two sparkler-wheels stuck into it whirled in circles. The others glowered at him from their slices of cake. "So," he said as he finished the last bite of his sundae, "a little birdie told me some interesting news about Las Nevadas."