Chapter 3

I knocked on Principle Nezu's door. "Principle Nezu? You wanted to see me?" I asked while opening the door. 

"Ah, Miss Emi! How has your day been?" Principle Nezu asked, gesturing for me to sit.

"It has been good thank you," I said while taking a seat.

"I wanted to speak to you about your quirk's outburst from yesterday. I believe our hypothesis for its cause is plausible, however I want to be able to ensure every student's safety, including your own," he began. 

"I understand, sir." 

"Furthermore, I wanted to bring this up now because today will be your first hero training class!" he said excitedly. 

"Really?!" I said, matching his excitement.

"Yes! So, I thought it would be beneficial to discuss the aspects of your quirk with you and your hero course teacher!"

"But wouldn't that just be my dad?" I asked, very confused. Before he could answer, his office door slammed open behind me, causing me to shoot out of my seat and turn to face it. 

"I AM HERE! As the new hero course teacher!" All Might exclaimed from the doorway.

"WOAH REALLY?!" I yelled, looking back and forth between All Might and Nezu.

"HA HA HA! Yes Young Emi! I am honored to be the newest teacher at my outstanding Alma Mater!" He replied. Although his energy and charisma was a bit much for me, I couldn't help but feel so excited to be able to receive hero training from the Number 1 hero. It was like a dream come true.

"Because your quirk is so unique, I was wondering if you would be able to explain some of the signs of an outburst to All Might," Principle Nezu explained.

"Oh! Of course! Um, well my aura discharge becomes colder and more irregular," I began, activating my quirk to demonstrate what my aura looks like normally. "As you can see, since I am in control, my discharge is stable around my entire body and is almost warm to the touch. When Kitsune takes over, the discharge becomes extremely irregular and the aura runs cold. My movements also become irregular and more violent. My regular fighting style focuses more on KOing my opponent via pressure points rather than physically injuring them such as breaking bones or drawing blood. Kitsune is the opposite. My dad also says my eyes change. I'm not really sure what he means by that but apparently it becomes obvious its not me," I finished, realizing I rambled a bit due to my nerves.

"And Principle Nezu informed me that you had a brief outburst yesterday. Could you explain to me what happened in your own words?" All Might asked, which didn't surprise me. Since we're doing hero training today and will probably be using our quirks, it makes sense that he'd want to know if my quirk reacts badly to other students'.

"Well, yesterday's outburst was actually a first for me. After my stress test, Principle Nezu and I ended up passing the class while they were finishing up their quirk apprehension test. The boy with green hair, Midoriya, was up for the ball throw, but when he activated his quirk, mine activated as well in response. It was as if a switch was flipped immediately and I lost control for a brief second while his quirk was activated. I could sense that his quirk was extremely powerful, probably the most powerful one I have ever seen, so Principle Nezu and I believe that that combined with my exhaustion from the stress test probably caused the outburst."

All Might took his time thinking over my explanation before responding. "You are an extremely intelligent and perceptive young lady, young Emi. Your assumption definitely sounds logical, but if you notice anything odd during training today, I want you to inform me immediately. Just in case, I will also be sure not to pair you and young Midoriya up or against each other for today's lesson."