2

Meredith smiled as she let herself into her apartment after class, her mind still wrapped around her experience in the coffee shop that morning. She never flirted with guys like that, but there was something different about him. He was....nice or something. And safe, which she knew was ridiculous.

Dr. Derek Shepherd.

The man was attractive. She had thought that from the moment she'd spilled her coffee all over him, but she wanted to lead him on. There was something about him that was completely loved to tease him. And the way he tried to flirt with her...it was completely adorable.

"Mer?" Lexie's voice came from the kitchen, and a moment later she appeared. "How was your test?"

Meredith shrugged as she dropped onto the couch. "Fine I guess," she said. "It was a test."

"Fine you guess?" Lexie frowned, standing over her sister. "How is a test fine? You're in med school."

"It wasn't hard," Meredith shrugged. "But...there are more important things on my mind."

"More important things?" Lexie frowned. "What's more important than a test in one of your last med school classes?"

"Just...things," Meredith shrugged.

Lexie stared at her sister for a moment before she narrowed her eyes. "You met a guy!" she cried.

"What?" Meredith asked, sitting up quickly. "No I didn't! Why would you...I don't meet guys. I sleep with guys."

"Usually on test days you wear sweats," Lexie observed. "You're wearing your tight jeans and the purple sweater. Your hair's straight, and...are you wearing mascara? I've never seen you wear make up before!"

"I didn't meet anyone," Meredith said, standing and moving towards her bedroom. "Maybe I just wanted to dress up for my test."

"You never dress up," Lexie said firmly as she followed her sister into her room. "Who is he?"

"There is no he!" Meredith insisted.

"I don't believe you," Lexie said, collapsing on the bed and staring up at Meredith. "Does he go to Columbia med school?"

"No."

"Ha!" Lexie cried. "I knew you met someone!"

"It's times like these I really wish that you went to Harvard med," Meredith rolled her eyes.

"You'd miss me," Lexie said as she rolled off of the bed, following Meredith into the kitchen. "What color hair does he have?"

"Purple."

"Okay, now you're just being mean," Lexie frowned. "Why won't you tell me about him."

"Because there's nothing to tell!"

Lexie slammed the fridge closed and looked at Meredith closely, not saying a word as she waited patiently, holding her gaze evenly.

"Fine," Meredith rolled her eyes.

"Yes!" Lexie squealed, pulling Meredith back into the living room and sitting on the couch. "Okay go."

"I spilled coffee on a guy."

Lexie's smile slowly disappeared, and a confused expression took over her face. "You spilled coffee on a guy?" she repeated.

"Yeah."

"And?"

"And nothing," Meredith shrugged. "He bought me a coffee for the one I'd lost and I bought him one to apologize. And we had coffee this morning for like half an hour. That's it."