Chapter 3

The majority of your weeknights were spent in Spencer's office. By the time your third session rolled around, you had settled into a rather predictable routine. Your sessions tended to follow this pattern:

9pm: Arrive at Spencer's office wearing something that does not match the ongoing weather outside. You note that the rest of his office floor is empty. Pleasantries are exchanged. Some brief small talk is made.

9:05pm: Spencer suggests you start going over class material. He lets you take the lead by asking him questions.

9:45pm: By this point in time, you usually begin to digress from the class material and ask Spencer more pointed questions. If he has any qualms about it, he doesn't raise any concerns.

10:00pm: One of you notes it's getting rather late. The other agrees. Neither one of you makes an effort to leave.

10:30pm: You delve into each other's interests, often discussing some of your favorite literary works. Reid would tell you about books he's read that you had sometimes never heard of, let alone glanced at. He would promise to bring you in his copy, "Only if you want to borrow it." He would say. And you could never find yourself saying no to the luminescent look in his eyes.

11:00pm: One of you would realize that an hour has passed and suggest that it may be time to depart. You and Spencer would leave at the same time, exiting the building together. You would go your separate ways after saying your goodbyes, usually, once you reached the edge of the sidewalk. He would head towards the metro, and you would make your way towards your dorm.

Nowadays, Spencer seemed to be in a much lighter mood whenever you arrived. His moods during class no longer tended to fluctuate, instead, he was his usual passionate self. And honestly, you found yourself spending the sessions less focused on fucking him and more focused on what he was attempting to teach you. That's not to say you didn't return home and immediately reach for your favorite vibrator, but hey, he was really starting to grow on you.

The following week, he had called you up to his desk at the end of your Monday night lecture. You had packed up your things rather slowly, waiting for the rest of the class to disperse before making your way to his desk. From his classic brown satchel bag, he pulled out a slightly worn copy of The Narrative of John Smith, the first book he had recommended to you. You were familiar with Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories, not that you had read them recently, but had yet to explore this book.

"You can give it back to me whenever you'd like." He hands the book to you and you take it, carefully slipping it into your bag before thanking him. The giddy smile that plasters itself onto his face sends your heart racing and you stumble through a goodbye, telling him to have a great night. You're halfway to the lecture hall exit when he calls out to you.

"Y/N, you should come by my office tomorrow night so we can review for Thursday's exam... And maybe Wednesday night, too. Depending on how confident you feel with the class material." You agree, telling him you'll be there before walking out.

The next 24 hours seem to move painstakingly slow, you found yourself checking your phone for the time constantly, wishing the minutes would move by faster."Someone seems antsy," Lily commented the following night, her arms wrapped around Leah as the three of you sat on your dorm room floor, working on your homework together.

"She's just excited to go study for her exam with her hot professor. That's all she'll tell me." Leah replied, not taking her eyes off the textbook in front of her. Lily raised her eyebrows at you, silently prompting you for more answers.