Chapter 13

Crawlin' back to you.

Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'Cause I always do.

Maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new...

You find yourself stuck on repeat, the Arctic Monkeys lyrics replaying in a loop in your head. This apparently was your cliché, romance college girl movie moment where the indie rock soundtrack plays softly in the background as the two 'will they – won't they' lovers finally reunite after so many trials and tribulations. The alcohol running through your system continued to shield you from the cool October air, despite the goosebumps trailing up and down your arms.

You stood waiting at the edge of the driveway for Spencer to arrive after having made your choice. Cameron had insisted on at least getting your number, which you did give him after asking Spencer to get you and messaging him the address. Slurring your way through some bland excuse as to the cause of your sudden departure, Cameron, seeming to accept your reasoning, gives you a goodnight kiss before disappearing back into the sea of sweaty, inebriated adolescents. Your vision blurred as you stared at your lit phone screen, struggling to read the words flashing across your screen as your world began to tilt.

You're vaguely aware of a car parking a few feet in front of you. A rather familiar figure exits the driver's seat...

When you come to your sitting next to Spencer in the passenger seat of his car, as he finishes telling you about... something?

"... So, that's how Halloween started." You stare at him quizzically, having no idea what had been happening for the past fifteen minutes or so.

"What?" Is the best you can reply, feeling your stomach begin to somersault as the dizziness returns with full force.

Your stomach lurched as you came to a stop before a red light, Spencer finally looking over at you. If you weren't about to heave all of the food and drinks you'd consumed today across his car floor, you would've been much more focused on the fact that this was the first time you were finally seeing Spencer in nearly a week.

"Y/N, are you alright?" An all too familiar look of concern flashed across his face as he leaned over, tenderly reaching out to place his hand on your cheek. You muster a nod, willing your vision and stomach to ease.

"Just need... water..." You manage to say, although the words sound rather strained. Your eyes flutter closed again and the next time you open them, you find yourself in front of Spencer's apartment door, with little idea as to how you had ended up there. Thankfully, the nausea and dizziness were finally beginning to settle down. Spencer unlocks the door, his arm wrapped around your shoulders as he guided you inside.

By some miracle, you're able to reach his couch, where you collapse with a sigh. When Spencer reappears before you again, he's holding a glass of cold water. You gracefully take the water, downing it quickly and setting the glass aside while Spencer takes the seat next to you.

"Are you alright? You haven't said anything for the past ten minutes... Frankly, I was surprised you even made it up the steps." You nod, this time much more confidently, giving Spencer a sincere 'mhm'.

"I think I blacked out there for a little bit, but I'm totally okay now." This reply does not soothe Spencer whatsoever, instead, a look of alarm flashes across his features. He stands up, frantically reaching for his coat before disappearing into his bedroom.

"Y/N, you could have alcohol poisoning," he says, his voice muffled as he seemingly rummages around in his bedroom. You stand up, almost surprised at how easily you can stand without wobbling, and quickly make your way toward the sound of his voice.

"Dr. Reid, I promise you I have been way more fucked up than I am right now before." Crossing the threshold of his doorway, you find Spencer grabbing your coat from his closet. He turns and swiftly closes the gap between the two of you, leaving little space. You stare up at him, biting your lip, and reach for the tie looped around his neck.