Chapter 2: Spit it Out

When we got home, my mother was nowhere to be seen. A sign of relief escaped my lips as I walked into the kitchen with Julien and Hannah following behind me. I hung my hand bag on the chair and motioned Hannah to sit. A smile was on my face as I stared at her.

"Julien, is it okay if I have a chat with Luna in private?" Hannah asked hesitantly. My best friend nodded before staring at me. He shot me a reassuring smile before walking out of the kitchen. I was very lucky to be surrounded by these people. I turned my attention back to Hannah who was fiddling with the hem of clothes. She seemed nervous. I cleared my throat before walking to the expresso machine.

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked her softly. I wanted her to feel comfortable. I knew that there was something she wanted to talk about. She shook her head then put her hand on her tummy.

"I can't. I'm pregnant" she chuckled softly. My eyes widened. There was so many things that I wasn't prepared for. I didn't have enough knowledge to go through this.

"Do you want some juice?" I asked her. She nodded. I walked to the upper cupboard and pulled two glasses out. I put them on the table then walked to the fridge to get the juice.

"You're not having coffee anymore?" Hannah asked me, most probably wanting to make small conversations with me. But that was the question that I didn't want to be asked.

"I'm not feeling like it anymore. I want something cold" I told her with a smile as I pour the juice in her glass, then in mine. I handed her the glass then walked to the chair opposite hers. "How are you feeling?" I asked her with a smile. She looked like she needed to talk to someone and she didn't know who to go to.

Hades was her best friend.

"Overwhelmed" she admitted. I didn't have the time to feel anything. "I am happy" she continued.

"That's good. That's what the baby needs" I agreed with a smile. Hannah then looked down before slightly wetting her lower lip with her tongue. From what I've heard, she always did that when she was scared.

Hades told me.

Hades knew small details about her.

Maybe he loved her and he is not aware of his own feelings.

"Luna, I know that you're hurt" she suddenly started. I blinked several times, registering her words. Was I ready for this conversation? I appreciate the courage that she had to bring this conversation up. I placed my hand on top on hers, then smiled.

"You don't have to" I said before moving hand away. She gulped then stared at her hands in her lap.

"I would lie if I told you that I was not happy that Hades is by my side, during this pregnancy" She said with a sigh.

"He has to be. He's the father" I shrugged with a smile that clearly didn't reach my eyes.

He was also the father of my unborn child.

Suddenly, I felt the heaviness on my chest. There it was. That pain. Hades was not going to be by my side. I could feel my eyes tearing up. What I felt for Hades, was real. My feelings were true. They were strong. That baby growing inside of me, was the proof of my love. That little baby was the proof that all of this was real.

And I was going to be the best mother.

My hands moved to my stomach when realization sunk in. I knew that I was going to be unable to let this little precious life go away from me. He or She was going to be my own flesh and blood. I was independent enough to bring this child to this earth.

I was pregnant with a beautiful baby.

I was going to do this without Hades.

I want him.

But I don't need him.

"Luna?" Hannah's voice quickly snapped me out of my thoughts. "You spaced out" she informed.

Thank you. I didn't know.

"Are you okay?" She asked with a frown. I wet my lips, to be able to quote my lies better.

"I'm perfect" I lied.

"Luna" She breathed.

"Okay, Hannah" I sighed in resignation. "It sucks. And it hurts" I admitted. "I love Hades. I am in love with him. Him, acting like he doesn't care about me, hurts" I told her. "I am being completely selfish. I would have preferred him, coming back to me to let me know what was happening instead of being by your side" I chuckled in disbelief.

"Luna, I know you're hurt" Hannah whispered. "But I feel like if I told tell you this, it will hurt you more" she started hesitantly. This quickly peaked my interest. I frowned at her words. I quickly tried to relaxed my brows. Hannah was taking a while to tell me. She seemed to be very worried.

Or scared?

Now I was getting scared.

Talk, bitch.

"Talk, Hannah" I urged.

"Luna, I am really sorry" Hannah apologized.

"Talk" I ordered this time. This suspense shit was killing me. I was tired of all this dramatic scene.

Spit it Out.

"Hades and I slept together" she announced, her eyes glued on mine.

I paused.

No. Wait. I froze.

"By slept, you mean" I drawled cautiously. I didn't want to jump to any conclusion. I knew that they slept with each other before Hades met me.

"We made love yesterday" Hannah said.

Made love?

Yesterday?

"When?" I questioned.

"When he came to mine. After leaving yours" She said hesitantly. This time, I felt someone pierce my small freaking heart. Anger was pulsing. Hatred was rushing in my head at the thought of Hades, sleeping with Hannah while we were still together.

I broke up with him today.

"When Hades came at mine, he was happy when he found out that I was pregnant with his baby" Hannah continued. I couldn't even blink or talk. One tear rolled down my cheek. The feeling of betrayal was strong. "I was always in love with him, Luna. When he kissed me, It was natural for me to kiss him back" she said, trying to sound timid about it. I clenched my jaws in anger. "Hades said that he couldn't have imagined a better mother for his child. That our baby was going to be the prettiest baby ever" a smile appeared on her face as she rubbed her belly. Hannah was here for another reason than apologizing.

Hannah was here to make sure that I knew that Hades was now hers. She was claiming him. She didn't come here with any good intention. She wanted to make sure that I was aware about what's happening in their lives. She wanted to let me know about Hades sleeping with her.

"So you guys fucked?" I chuckled humorlessly.

"We made love" She corrected. I stood up, wiped my cheeks then took a deep breath before plastering my fakest smile I could muster.

"Can you leave my house, please?" I asked politely.

"What?" she asked in confusion.

"Can you leave my house, please?" I asked slower. I had no emotion in my voice. I just wanted that bitch out of my house.

"Luna" Hannah started. "What do you mean?" she asked. Her innocent act was gone. Her tone was back to the Hannah that I first met. The snake was shedding into its new skin.

"Get your ass out of this fucking house" Julien's voiced boomed in anger. I turned my head to see Julien standing behind me, by the kitchen door. Seems like he just walked in. Hannah glared at me, then at Julien before getting her bag and stomping out of my house.