Chapter 25: Business Partner

I was now six months pregnant.

The warm blanket covering me, was giving me all the warmth I needed. Hades went to the toilet and I was sitting idle, waiting for him to come back as he didn't want to miss any second of the movie that we were watching. Suddenly, his phone started buzzing on the table. I squinted my eyes to have a proper look at the screen to know who was calling. I tilted my head in confusion when I saw that it was written 'office'.

Why would he get a phone call from the office at night? It was thirty past nine.

It stopped ringing and I nearly hated myself for not picking up. However, after a few seconds, the phone started ringing again.

I didn't need to think twice and I slid the answer option.

"Hades?" The frown that formed on my face must have been ugly. The female voice that I was hearing was everything but reassuring. Employees would not call Hades by his name.

He was Mr Reigns for most.

And Hades for few.

"It's Luna" I said. "Is there any message I could transfer to Hades?" I questioned.

"Luna who?" The woman dared to question. This time, I clenched my jaws then ended the call before throwing the phone on the table. I was offended. I watched at the phone slid off the table to meet the cold floor.

Luna who?

I didn't even bother to ask who it was or what message they would like to me to transfer to Hades. I never realized how jealous I was in a relationship. I could hear footsteps in the background. Soon, Hades' imposing figure walked out of the dark corridor. I didn't turn to look at him and pointed to his phone.

"Your phone rang" I announced.

"Then why is it on the floor?" Hades asked in confusion when he reached me.

"Because I answered the call" I responded while looking the remote that seemed to have disappear in the blanket.

"And it's on the floor because?" He propped.

"Because it was Luna Who" I smiled to him. His eyes were scanning my face. The frown on his face deepen as he got behind me. He snaked his hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"I don't understand you at times" He breathed.

"I don't know who it was, Hades. But they did ask Luna Who" I said. He scrolled through his phone and dialled the office phone number again. He put the phone on loud speaker while I finally pulled the remote out of the couch.

Couches always eat remotes.

"Hades" The woman suddenly answered on the second ring. Her voice sounded breathless. There was also anticipation in her tone, which instantly made me frown.

"Laura" Hades greeted.

"I was calling you but I think one of your booty calls answered the phone" Laura chuckled.

Excuse me?

Excuse me, What?

"Booty calls?" I demanded. I could feel something swirl in my stomach.

No. It was a feeling.

Anger.

"No, Laura. It was Luna. My wife" Hades responded formally.

"You're not married. Definitely booty call. Tell her to calm down and to stay in line, Hades" she chuckled away. I subconsciously chewed on my lips as I listened to the soft silky voice. Her words were atrocious thought. She was technically not lying but she didn't have to rub in my face. I could feel my blood boil at how disrespectful she was.

Stay in line?

"Why were you calling?" Hades asked.

"Well, I just came in the office to see you but you were not here" Laura said. I clenched my jaws at this. "You're always here. It felt off. Let's say it's a check up call. Can she hear me?" she said in a very cheery voice. I glared at Hades who was already staring at me. He didn't defend me. How come I never heard about this Laura before?

"Spending some time home. We'll talk in the office" Hades responded.

"Looking forward Hades" She said warmly. Hades ended the call then placed his phone back on the table.

"That's Laura. Business partner" Hades told me.

"I didn't ask you" I said, raising one of my eyebrows. I couldn't help the attitude that was taking over me.

"Luna" Hades started as he sat on the couch next to me.

"Luna who?" I questioned. "One of your booty calls, Mr Reigns?" I continued. He closed his eyes and exhaled.

"There's nothing to be jealous of" Hades muttered. I scoffed at his words.

"Who said that I was jealous?" I scoffed in annoyance. "Yes! It bothered me that I didn't know the existence of this overly friendly business partner, Hades" I snapped as I got off the couch. "But you know what pissed me off?" I sneered. "The disrespect! Everyone knows that we are together Hades! Every single one" I pointed. "Except Miss Laura Business Partner obviously" I chuckled humourlessly.

"I think you're overreacting" Hades said calmly. I saw him clenched then unclenched his jaws.

"You think?" I asked. I picked up my phone and decided that this was not worth my time.

"Where are you going?" Hades asked in exasperation. He had the audacity to sigh. "What did I do wrong?" He questioned while standing up. "What did you want me to do?" He snapped. I turned around to look at him then rolled my eyes.

"Is she your friend?" I asked. He shook his head then shrugged.

"Business Partner" he said formally and coldly.

"I was expecting you to stand for me, Hades" I snapped. "It was so fucking disrespectful! Who the fuck is she to tell me to stay in line?" I scoffed and started pacing.

"Why is she so important?" Hades sighed.

"You spent your evenings in her company at work for these past months and you're asking me about her importance?" I asked him in disbelief.

Hades Reigns really didn't know how a relationship works.

Or maybe my expectations were too high?