12

It's been weeks. Jake recovered immediately after Sunghoon took care of him.

Jake have to admit that he already loves Sunghoon. Those things that Sunghoon did when he got sick, the things that Sunghoon did whenever they're out in a date. Everything that Sunghoon does is just different to Jake.

Sunghoon is soft and caring when it comes to Jake. He is lowkey caring for his brother and friends but to Jake? He's confident to show his soft side.

They would always go on a date every Saturday or Sunday. Sunghoon's friends knew about it since Sunghoon will always tell them.

Sunghoon also feels the same way. He loves Jake more than anything. He likes everything about Jake.

But there's one thing about Jake that Sunghoon didn't like.

Jake's best friend.

They're on a phone call right now. Jake is talking about his bestfriend in Australia while Sunghoon is just listening to him.

"We're always with each other, y'know? We're almost like brothers!" Jake exclaimed.

"What's his name again?" Sunghoon asked.

"Engene! Min Engene"

"Hmm-mm. Is he handsome like me?"

"He's more handsome than you" Jake teased. Sunghoon scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Kidding! You're the most handsome guy I've seen, Sunghoon"

"Whatever" Sunghoon scoffed but deep inside, he's happy.

"Anyways, did you eat dinner already?"

"Yeah I just finished eating when you called. How about you? Don't skip meals!"

"I just finished eating as well when I called you. And don't worry, I won't. I should be the one telling you that! You always skip meals"

"Because I need to study, it's important"

"Yes but your health is more important so don't skip meals, alright?"

"Alright, alright. My Jakey said don't skip meals so I should follow him" Sunghoon mumbled.

"What did you say?

"I said I won't skip meals anymore"

"Oh, okay. I thought you said something else"

"Nope, I didn't"

-

Sunghoon is heading towards the school when he saw Wonyoung standing near the gate and zoning out. He decided to approach her first.

"Won!" Sunghoon called. Wonyoung looked up and let out a small smile.

"Hey, Hoon" Wonyoung greeted. Sunghoon frowned as he placed the back of his hand on Wonyoung's forehead.

"Are you okay? You don't have a fever but you look so down. And why are you wearing pants and sweater? It's Wednesday today" Sunghoon stated.

"No, it's nothing"

"Nope, nope. You can't fool me, I'm your best friend for years and I know you too well so don't lie"

"I- I have to go now, Hoon. My class will start at 8:30"

"Alright. Let's have lunch together later, I know you need me" Sunghoon said.

"Okay. Thank you, Hoon"

"Anytime" Sunghoon ruffled her hair and watched her walk inside the university.

When Sunghoon turned around, he saw Mrs. Shim's car. Jake went out and bid goodbye to his mom and ran towards Sunghoon.

"Good morning" Jake said, panting a little.

"Good morning, Jakey. Let's go now?" Sunghoon asked. Jake nodded and they both entered the university.

They were walking quietly while they can hear the students gossiping. It's not about the two of them. It's about Wonyoung.

"Have you heard of the news? Wonyoung's ex boyfriend abused her!"

"Wait, really?! That's why she doesn't wear our uniform!"

"I only heard about her breaking up with his ex boyfriend, I never heard of her getting abused"

"Poor her. She's so pretty but he treated her so badly, I feel bad for her!"

Those are the gossips inside the university. It made Sunghoon worried a lot.

"Wonyoung is your girl best friend, am I right?" Jake asked. Sunghoon looked at him and nodded.

"What happened to her?"

"I- I don't know. I just saw her earlier but she didn't say anything.." Sunghoon said, obviously irritated but also worried.

When they arrived at the classroom, it's also the topic of their classmates. As usual, Jake and Sunghoon didn't mind them and just sat at their seats.

Five minutes later and their professor finally came inside the classroom.

"Good morning, class!"

"Good morning, Professor Kim!"

"We will have a test today on chemistry" Professor Kim informed. The students groaned, they haven't review yet.

"Don't worry, I'll give you an hour to review. You can start now. I'll go to the office to prepare the test papers and then I'll be back after one hour" Professor Kim said and left the room.

As soon as Professor Kim left, the students started talking about Wonyoung again. Sunghoon and Jake didn't mind them and focused reviewing.

But the chatters inside the classroom is getting louder and it's irritating Sunghoon and Jake.

Jake noticed that Sunghoon's hold on his pen is getting tighter, he's almost breaking the pen. Jake reached for Sunghoon's hand and held it tightly.

"Calm down, Sunghoon" Jake said and gently caressed Sunghoon's hand with his thumb. Sunghoon breathed heavily.

"Should I tell them to shut up?" Sunghoon whispered.

"Your choice since you're the president, but please calm down. You're scaring me" Jake said. Sunghoon's face softened after seeing the hint of frightened expression plastered on Jake's face.

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay" Jake said as he ruffled Sunghoon's hair and continued reading.

"I feel bad for Wonyoung"

"Why? She's a whore! That's what she gets for flirting with him!"

"How could you say that? She's not like that, she never flirted with him because they have a relationship"

"Still, she's a whore and she deserved that"

Sunghoon had enough.

He threw his pen towards the white board. They all looked at him with wide eyes.

"Are y'all not going to shut up?!" Sunghoon shouted. The whole class got silent.

"I forgot he's Wonyoung's best friend, more like a brother"

"See, she's a whore. She even flirts with Sunghoon"

"I said shut up!" Sunghoon shouted once again.

"Y'all kept on saying bad things about Wonyoung but can you even see yourself?! Y'all are worse than her!" Sunghoon shouted one last time.

No one dared to talk. They're all silent now.

Even Jake doesn't know how to talk to Sunghoon. It's his first time seeing Sunghoon get mad and he's truly frightened and delighted at the same time after seeing Sunghoon's different side.

=)