Chapter 12 Revelation

Arthur glanced at his nephew; he wondered if Torrhen meant to tell his father about his past life. Though Benjen knew that Torrhen had magic, he didn't know about Torrhen being the wizard Harry Potter in his previous life; that was only something that Arthur knew. Benjen assumed that Torrhen's magic was a gift from the Old Gods and neither Torrhen nor Arthur corrected his thinking.

"How should I tell Father about Uncle Arthur and my magic?" Torrhen asked his uncles.

Benjen thought for a moment, then snapped his fingers, "A sparring match."

Arthur and Torrhen looked at each other in question, then at Benjen for clarification. Benjen nodded to himself, "Aye, that would be the best way for him to see your true skill and your fighting technique."

Arthur's violet eyes brightened; ah, I see what you mean. Ned will see that Torrhen fights like me, and he'll want to know how he learned to fight like that.

Benjen looked at Arthur's ghost and smiled, "Exactly, and when Ned asks, we'll reintroduce him to his Good Brother."

"Do you not think that is a bit dramatic?" Torrhen questioned.

Benjen grinned at his nephew, "Aye, but how else is Ned going to believe that Arthur is real? And once he sees Arthur, you can tell your father about your magic, Torrhen."

Torrhen thought for a moment, then slowly nodded in agreement. His brow suddenly furrowed as something occurred to him, "What about Jon? I cannot leave him here alone with Lady Catelyn."

Benjen stood and walked towards Torrhen. He placed a hand on his nephew's shoulder and gave him a comforting squeeze, "You do not have to worry about Jon, Torrhen. He may be your cousin, but he has the Stark name. Jon will not be mistreated; I promise I will look after him."

Torrhen stared into his uncle's grey eyes, then sighed, "Alright, but if that fish mistreats my little brother, I will curse her into oblivion. And if Jon is ever unhappy here, you must promise, Uncle, to send him to me in Dorne. Agreed?"

"Agreed."

Arthur clapped his ghostly hands; right, shall we get this little demonstration underway?

Torrhen and Benjen looked at each other and nodded, and with that, two Starks and a Dayne left the Godswoods and went back to Winterfell. When they arrived, Benjen led the way to the training yard where Robb and Jon were already training with Rodrik Cassel. Benjen nodded and picked up two practice swords; he turned to Rodrik, "Have you seen Lord Stark this morning, Rodrik?"

"No, my Lord, but he sent word that he would be down shortly to observe the boy's training."

Benjen nodded and turned towards Torrhen; he smiled at his nephew and tossed him a practice sword, "Let us warm up, then."

Torrhen caught the sword and nodded in return. He stretched his muscles and warmed up the way Arthur had taught him. Once he was ready, Torrhen faced his uncle. The young boy and man squared off against each other; they circled and waited to see who would make the first move.

Keep your guard up and be mindful of your surroundings. In battle, the man in front of you is not your only opponent. Arthur advised.

Torrhen gave a slight nod, acknowledging that he heard his uncle. Torrhen waited patiently for Benjen to make the first move. His patients paid off, Benjen lunged for Torrhen, and Torrhen quickly spun away from him, avoiding the blow. Quickly, the boy countered with his attack, and the spar began in earnest.

Move your feet! Arthur instructed.

Arthur watched his nephew intently and nodded to himself. Yes, Torrhen's fighting style was exactly like his. When Ned saw Torrhen, there would be no mistaking it. The match had been going on for some time, and Torrhen was doing well. He was holding his own against his uncle as they continued to spar; a crowd began to gather. Robb, Jon, and Theon had long since stopped their sparring to watch Torrhen spar with Benjen. Robb and Jon had never seen Torrhen move so quickly or gracefully before. It suddenly dawned on Jon that his brother had been hiding his true capabilities, though the young boy didn't understand why. That is until he heard the whispers from some of the men nearby.