Chapter 2 Heir

Torrhen held onto Ned's fingers as they walked down the halls of Starfall, Ned smiled at his son's excitement, “This way, Papa, your chambers are right down here.”

The stopped in front of a door, Torrhen pushed with all his might to push the door open. Ned chuckled and helped his son open the door, “Thank you, Papa.”

“You're welcome, Torrhen.”

Torrhen grabbed Ned by the fingers and led him into the room, Torrhen straightened his back and placed his hand behind his back, “Your chambers, Lord Stark,” Torrhen said with a smile.

Ned chuckled at his son's antics, he shook his head but straightened his back as well then placed his hands behind his back, “Thank you, Lord Stark.”

The stood there staring at each other until Torrhen broke out in a fit of giggles causing Ned to laugh as well. When Torrhen stopped laughing, he looked up at his father, “I'll let you rest, father, it's time for my nap anyway.”

“Thank you, Torrhen.”

Torrhen turned to leave when Ned called him, “Torrhen.”

“Yes, father?”

“You can call me Papa if you want. I like it.”

Torrhen smiled and ran back to Ned, “Thank you, Papa.”

Ned hugged his son to him. His eyes filled with tears, Torrhen had Ashara's smile and playfulness.

“You're welcome, Cub.”

With that, Torrhen left Ned's chambers and went to his bedroom to take a nap. He laid down on his bed with his hand behind his head, ‘So that's my father. He seems nice enough; I like him.’ Torrhen thought.

‘It's going to be intimidating leaving Starfall for the North; Auntie said that Papa remarried. I'm positive she's not going to like me when she finds out about me. I wonder who the baby is? I am almost positive that the child is not Papa's. Allyria said that Papa is an honorable man. He would never be unfaithful to his wife.’

All of these thoughts were running through Torrhen's head when he finally fell asleep. He was awakened by the sound of a man's voice he didn't recognize in his room. Torrhen instantly pulled out the knife he had under his pillow and looked around.

*Three years old and already wary of his surroundings, very good.* Torrhen heard someone say.

“Show yourself, coward!” Torrhen said.

*You can hear me!*

“Of course I can hear you, you're yelling.”

*Seven hells how can you hear me, Torrhen?*

Torrhen looked around, “Who are you?”

*I'm you're Uncle Arthur, Torrhen.*

The minute Arthur mentioned his named, Torrhen was able to see the ghost of Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning, standing in front of him; in full armor and white cloak.

Torrhen sighed and rubbed his head, “Ghosts, I can see ghosts,” Resigning himself, Torrhen jumped off the bed and walked up to Arthur, “Hello, Uncle, I'm Torrhen Stark, it's nice to meet you. I wish I could have met you when you were alive.”

Arthur chuckled, *Hello, Torrhen, I wish I could have met you when I was alive as well, but I suppose this is better than nothing.*

“Aye, I suppose it is.”

Arthur walked over to Torrhen's bed and sat down, *Tell me, Torrhen, you don't seem frightened of me, nor are you surprised. Why is that?*

“You're not the first ghost I've seen, Uncle.”