Prologue

When I was still an infant, I was abandoned on the doorstep of a rural police station during a blizzard. I was left without any identifying information, leaving the police rightfully puzzled as to who would leave an infant alone and outside during a snow storm. Even more alarming, my DNA did not match a single person in the international genetic genealogy database, leading the police to assume that I was likely the child of an individual associated with an isolated group, such as a cult or a sex trafficking ring, who's members likely avoided any government or public involvement. However, because of this mysterious background and my lack of identifying or government paperwork, the officers were unable to place me into children's institution such as an orphanage or foster home, resulting in me being taken home by one of the high ranking officers and his wife to be cared for.

Tragically, when I first manifested my quirk at around four years old, I experienced my first fox transformation and nearly killed both of my foster parents, leaving them both in critical condition. I was luckily stopped by a prospective hero visiting the rural town during their internship. His quirk, erasure, immediately stopped Kitsune's rampage while leaving me alone and burned in the middle of the crime scene. I was immediately taken into custody by government officials and held at an isolated institution overseen by the Hero's Association to have my quirk thoroughly assessed and monitored. 

The event, unsurprisingly, made headlines across the country where it was increasingly dramatized and embellished by extremists and conspiracy theorists. I gained extensive notoriety in the public eye as a born-to-be villain. Religious groups theorized that I was the antichrist or the devil himself sent to destroy happy families and murder innocent people. Political extremists believed that I was born to serve as a terroristic weapon, left in a rural community to test my power. The media, deciding to simplify the debate, labeled me as cursed, inevitably bringing harm to anyone and everyone.

Due to the public hatred for me, I was kept in the government's custody for the majority of my childhood. In order to survive, I obeyed all of the official's wishes, enduring intense physical and psychological training without complaint. By age 10, I could hold my own in a fight against several trained and armed men, leading both military officials and the government's intelligence agency to take an interest in me. With the power of my quirk, my training, and my lack of official documentation, these officials intended to turn me into either a spy or assassin for the Japanese government. This dream was later determined to be impossible as me receiving any order to kill resulted in a demonic transformation.

During this time, I was reintroduced to the hero who stopped me when my quirk first manifested under the guise that his role was to prevent me from losing control of my quirk during training. Although gruff and emotionless on the outside, I became extremely attached to Eraserhead. Not only did his quirk, erasure, seem to be the only thing capable of stopping my rampages, but he had been the only adult who never seemed to see me as a weapon or a threat and treated me like a child. He would bring me popular books and movies for me to read and watch as well as toys or games. Eventually, he even obtained permission to take me out of the institution to go to parks, the mall, or movie theaters. I learned that he was now a teacher for UA's hero course, and he even brought me to the school on numerous occasions to visit.

Once I reached middle school age, Eraserhead had obtained majority custody of me, becoming my adoptive father under the stipulation that he would lose custody if I were to lose control of my quirk. My training and education remained controlled and overseen by Hero Association and government officials, but I was now free to leave the institution to live with my new father figure. Because of him, I decided to become a hero. 

* * *

Now marks my last year of middle school. Although I was still unable to attend an actual school as a traditional student, still receiving my education through HQ, I could only assume that other kids my age were feeling just as stressed about entering high school as me.