Chapter 35

Disney Day

Bailey was awake long before her alarm went off. She'd rolled over and looked at the clock and when she had seen that it was still thirty minutes before they needed to be moving she simply laid there, a smile plastered across her face. She would have gotten up and woken up her dads if they hadn't impressed the need for sleep the night before. They were very adamant about not being woken up before the alarm rang through the room. So, she remained still and thought about the day that lay ahead. Safe to say it was every kid's dream to go to Disneyland.

            When the alarm finally went off Bailey jumped up from the bed and onto the one her dads were sharing. TK groaned but she could distinctly hear Carlos chuckle.

"I told you she would have energy this morning." Carlos mumbled.

            Bailey laughed.

"Come on, it's time to get up!" Bailey said shaking TK who only groaned again, pulling the blanket over his head. "Please dad, come on."

            TK pushed the blanket down and looked at his daughter.

"Are you 17 or 7 Bails? Cause I'm pretty sure no 17-year-old should have this much energy at 5:00 in the morning." He argued.

"For Disney I'd have this much energy at 4." Bailey snipped back.

            TK cocked a brow and chuckled.

"There's that teenager snark," He said and then took a deep breath and hauled himself into a sitting position. "Fine, I'm up."

"Yes!" Bailey cried, sitting onto her knees.

"Oh come 'ere kiddo." TK said grabbing Bailey and pulling her down in between he and Carlos.

            Bailey screeched but soon was laughing as TK and Carlos attacked her stomach with tickles.

✵✵✵

            Bailey was in awe. The colors, the sounds, the smells, it all invaded her brain and she never wanted to them to leave. It was unlike anything that she had ever experienced before. Maybe it was because her dads had talked so much about it and she was making it into something unworldly but she truly felt as though their words hadn't done it justice. She spun around and looked at her fathers who were standing with proud smiles on their faces as they watched their daughter take in their surroundings.

"So?" Carlos asked. "What do you think?"

            Bailey's smile got impossibly wider.

"I never want to leave." She said.

            Carlos chuckled and TK approached Bailey.

"Well, I certainly agree that Main Street is amazing but let's go on some rides and really up that adrenaline, yeah?" He said.

            Bailey nodded enthusiastically.

"Where to first?" Carlos asked.

"Indiana Jones." Bailey said inspecting the map she'd grabbed at the entrance.

            Carlos peered over Bailey's shoulder and nodded.

"Looks like a good choice and we can do Jungle Cruise while we're over there." He said.

"And Pirates." TK said, pointing out the ride on the map.

            Carlos chuckled.

"You have not stopped talking about Pirates since we booked the trip, we will ride Pirates." He said.