Chapter 1

‘Ciara, we gotta get going or were gonna be late. You know that the King has asked for all packs to be at the castle today at 6 so let’s get going. It takes four hours to get there and we’re the last to arrive. Hurry up’ Langdon ordered.

Well if you haven’t guessed by now I am Ciara Morgan. I am from the Red River pack and Langdon is our alpha and my cousin. I moved to the states with my dad, Raymond when my mother died. My parents met when dad was travelling the world and they instantly knew they were mates and dad stayed. We lived in New Zealand where my mum was from. So I am both American and Maori. Dad’s twin brother took over the pack in America since dad wanted to stay with mum. Now his son is the alpha.

He’s the best alpha in my point of view. He leads the pack with respect; he’s firm and strict but very fair. Today we were on our way to the Kings kingdom.

The whole packs, along with every other pack in the world, have been summoned to the Kings castle for an announcement or something. No one knew what he wanted but it must have been huge if all the packs were going. Anyway my pack had stopped for something to eat on our way there and we were just leaving, but I really didn’t feel like going to this ginormous pack meeting. I mean what was the point, he could have at least given us a hint and I just had a gut feeling that something was gonna happen.

So like the good little girl I am, I was stalling.

‘But I’m not finished my food’ I told Langdon.

‘Your plates empty’ he said exasperated.

I looked down at my plate that was seated in front of me. ‘Oh . . . well I was going to get something else aswell.’

‘No. jeez Ciara just hurry up, you’re getting on my nerves.’ He said frustrated running a hand through his golden brown hair. He had hair just like Jake Gyllenhaal only lighter. He also had forest green eyes and flawless tanned skin, an angular face and full lips, with stubble growing on his chin. He was a big ladies man until he found his mate.

I sigh dejected ‘Fine but just so you know I’m gonna be pissed off till we get there.’ I said calm and casual.

His eyes widened a fraction that I was barely able to see it but I did. He knew that I wasn’t looking forward to this and I was completely serious about me being pissed off. I just know that I wasn’t going to like what is gonna happen because my wolf will. She has been steadily getting excited the closer we were getting to our destination and it irritated me. We hardly disagreed with each other and when we did it was not pretty. I would get angry very easily and this just happens to be one of those times.

‘Umm . . . yea, ah okay’ he stammered.

I smirked knowing that he was a little scared because I was the pack fighter or warrior whatever you want to call it and I could easily beat him in a fight. I had alpha blood running through my veins from my father and my mother, but both weren’t an alpha themselves so I couldn’t be Alpha. Not that I wanted, too much responsibility but it gave me a lot more strength and I was a better fighter than him, that’s why I’m pack fighter. So if it came down to a fight I could beat him and take the alpha position from him. But I would never do that.

I stood and walked out the diner with my face in a scowl which had everyone quickly turning their head if I looked at them. I ignored everyone and headed straight to my bike. She is beautiful, and is a blue Suzuki vstrom dl650. Just beautiful! I jumped on straddling my baby and started the ignition. I didn’t care about my helmet as I kick the leaning stool up and headed to that . . . place.

No one bothered me or commented on my driving through the link when we were driving. I think Langdon told them to stay clear of me because of my mood. Good. I didn’t need anyone bothering me at the moment.