Chapter 15

‘Ciara wake up!’ I was currently waking up slowly from my peaceful slumber by this annoying familiar person who was wearing my patience. I am not really the best person to be woken up since I am quite grumpy when someone interrupts my sleep.

‘Ciara?’ the voice called again shaking my form swarmed in warm blankets.

‘Hmmm, go away’ I groggily reply slapping the persons hand.

‘Fine, you want it the hard way. Okay then’ I heard footsteps retreat but I was no fool, I knew they would be back but I couldn’t get my body to co-operate. I couldn’t even open my eyes and keep them open for Christ sake. I heard footsteps re-enter my room a few minutes later. I listened harder and heard two more pairs of feet along with the first. The two newcomers stayed by the door and the first person come closer but I heard the sloshing of . . . what was that? Water?

My eyes flew open and I jumped up from the bed just as the person reached me and lunged at him knocking the glass out of his hand and taking him down in the process. I landed on top of him hand on either side of his head. I reached my hand just above his head and caught the now empty glass. I sat up looking around for the water where I saw it landed a few feet away on the carpet. I breathed a sigh of relief before looking down at Seth.

‘Never, and I mean never wake me up with water. It will end very badly for you. Trust me!’ I said down at a heaving Seth.

‘I will definitely remember that. Far out you’re fast, I didn’t even see that coming.’ He panted.

I grinned down at him, ‘Yea I really didn’t want to get wet’ I winked

‘How did you even know I had water in my hand?’ he questioned curious

‘I heard the water sloshing all around in the glass.’ I shrugged casually

I jumped up reaching my hand out to him hauling him to his feet.

‘Very impressive!’ I turned to the door seeing the king with a proud look on his face. Standing next to him was Hank.

‘Thanks. So what bring you all here to greet me this fine morning’ I said in my best posh voice. I don’t think it worked much but Seth burst out laughing while the two at the door looked at me like I was crazy but amusing.

‘We are starting training in half and hour so you need to get dressed in casual clothes and have breakfast.’ King William stated.

I nod my head ‘Okay’

‘Oh don’t be late. That’s important as a Queen. Punctuation!’ he says while leaving

‘Okay then, well I better get ready.’ I say mainly to myself. I notice Seth staring at me . . . just staring. ‘Umm yes?’ I ask

He snapped out of his trance like state shaking his head. ‘Nothing sorry. It’s just that, you are beautiful in the morning.’ He says huskily

‘I doubt it but thank you’ I say softly biting my lip. His eyes zeroed in on my lip and his eyes darkened a bit.

‘Can I get ready’ I ask expectantly trying to defuse the tense atmosphere.

He cleared his throat, ‘Yea sorry. I’ll ah, see you at training.’ He said before walking out.

I sighed, god I couldn’t even breathe right with him in here. I just felt so warm and wanted. It was an amazing feeling. I knew that he was my second chance at love but we had to take it slow. Besides I think it would be fun to tease him until we both snap.

I smiled to myself before getting ready for my first training session on being the next queen.