Chapter 4: She's My Mother! Dont Hurt Her!

This world is a horrible place. It kills those who aren't of use to it anymore. It destroys people's family with single commands. It makes you beg and kneel down till your legs start bleeding. You can't speak a word against the person in power or your life is gone. These people threaten you, ignore your feelings and hurt you to the point you break so much that you're unfixable. Your tears will mean nothing to these ruthless beings.

But amongst all this cruelty, there is "Love". An invincible emotion. When no one's left, that one person will always be there to protect and love you.
That person will be your significant other. You may call them soulmate, fated pair, life partner and what not. But these people will truly love and protect you.

It  does not mean that if you marry one they will become you're fated pair. No, certainly not. Wrong choices exist in this world. And that's what Rei Todoroki got trapped in, A wrong choice, A very bad decision. By marrying Enji Todoroki, who ruined her life forever and drove her insane enough to burn her own son.

Her life had become miserable. Living inside a cell in her own home. Being locked up in a cage like a bird screeching to be let free. Her freedom was snatched from her. She was abused, yelled at, given beatings and disregarded by her own husband. The scars on her body showed how much pain she was given. She hated herself not her husband. Herself. For being stupid enough to fall into his trap.

Rei looked out her cell as a guard approached her.

"What do you want in food? My Queen?" The guard said quietly.

"Do NOT give me special treatment or call me your queen. If I was your queen then i wouldn't be locked in here." Rei said in a bold voice.

"Ok, what do you want in food?"

"i said do not give me special treatment, give me what you give the other prisoners." She answered.

"Ok, I will do that."

The guard then brought a dish which had water along with mashed potatoes.

"Here."

—————————

"Did she eat the food?" The emperor asked.

"No, she didn't. My king." The guard replied while bowing.

"This woman is getting on my nerves. Move her to the room and keep her isolated. I will pay her a visit." The emperor said in a monotonous voice.

"Yes, your majesty."

————————————

Rei had handcuffs on her hands as she was moving forward. Izuku came out and looked at her being pushed and her hands had new scars on them.

He moved forward. "What do you think you are doing to her?" He said.

"The emperor has commanded to isolate her. That's what I'm doing, now move." The guard said in a cold voice.

"No, stop pushing her around. She doesn't deserve this. Look at her feet and arms. Your cruelty has put scars there. And why does the king tell you to isolate her?"

Rei looked at the young boy with a confused look. Why was this young boy fighting for her?

"She is not in the right mental condition."