thirteen

"...W-what?" What did he mean by Grandpa. I've never seen this man in my entire life...

(SRRY FOR STUTTERING U WERE JUST SHOCKED)

"Y/N, tell me something. Don't you wonder why you've been alive for this long? You know we aren't that dumb. We noticed your relationship with Number 29 from the start."

No no this is NOT happening right now. Nope. No. I refuse to believe this. He's lying. He has to be!

"Y/N, is that true...?"

Crap! I totally forgot Jun-Ho heard it too.

"What, no! I promise you he's lying! I've never seen him in my entire life!"

"That's because I've been busy with the games. Don't you wonder why your Mom hated when you mentioned me? Because I was never around. Although, one day I decided it was time for us to meet but unfortunately the day before, your parents died." He kept speaking but I couldn't hear a word after he mentioned my parents deaths.

Thousands of thoughts were racing in my mind. Did Mom and Dad know about the games? What does this mean for me and Jun-Ho? Does In-Ho remember me? What the fuck is going on.

"My name is Oh Il-Nam and I'm about to let you in on a little secret.."

He came closer and whispered.

"Sang-Woo wasn't the one who killed Ali."

Okay now I'm really fucking done.

"Now this one is definitely a lie. If he didn't, then who did?" I was beyond shocked. I still couldn't fully analyze the situation with so many unexpected things being thrown at me..

"That's for you to figure out. But maybe I'll change my mind and tell you myself."

What is this man on...

"Get them back to the games for now." He said to In-Ho.

"Wait! I still have so many questions!" But I was dragged away by In-Ho.

Ouch he has such a strong grip.

"So...do you remember me?" I asked In-Ho as we were walking.

He didn't respond.

*Flashback*

In-Ho's POV:

"So these are our players for the year." I said, looking at every single one of them until one caught my eye.

"What's her name?" I said, pointing to number 74.

(yeah that's your number ig i just thought of a random one lmao)

"Y/N Y/L. Born in 1996."

No. It can't be.

I haven't seen her for years but I'd never forget her face and both the name and the year match.

Y/N, what the hell are you doing here.

*End of flashback*

Your POV:

"Well I remember you." I continued.
"You were my best friend. We always played together and you always made me laugh. In-Ho...why are you here?"

But no response.

"In-Ho, it's never too late...you can help us take him down." Jun-Ho said but no response again.

This is useless.

We quickly arrived back to the room. But In-Ho took Jun-Ho somewhere else.

I hope he's okay...

As soon as I entered, Gi-Hun came running towards me.

"Y/N! What happened?! Are you okay?! You disappeared so suddenly!"

"I'm okay, Gi-Hun. I promise." I said, trying to reassure him.

I didn't tell him the details because I didn't want him to get involved any further. It could put him in more danger than he already is, just like Jun-Ho said.

"Phew. That's good. I was really worried." He smiled.

I hate lying to him. But I can't risk his safety.

I sat on my bed for a while, thinking about everything that happened today. it seems so fucking unreal. I desperately wished all of this was just a big dream but we all know it's not.

The creator of the game is the sweet old man who also happens to be my Grandpa and the one who told me that Sang-Woo wasn't the one who killed Ali...

Yep. Totally normal. Definitely nothing weird and crazy about this hahaha...

Oh my fucking gosh.

What have I gotten myself into. This is all just too much. I wish I could tell Gi-Hun about it so he could comfort me but I can't. I can't risk it for my selfish reasons. I'll just lay down for a bit.

As I laid down, I started thinking about what the old man told me.

Was he telling the truth? But if he was, then who could've killed Ali? Definitely not Gi-Hun. Not me either obviously so who...

Oh no. No. No and no.

There's no way that Joon-Ho is the one who killed him.

But he's the only suspect left...

Well other than the old man, he could be a possible suspect too...

Ugh. All of this makes my head hurt. I'll just sleep on it.

*In the morning*

I woke up pretty early considering that Gi-Hun was still asleep and he's usually awake before me.

I quickly remembered the events of last night. Fucking crazy. How is this my life. It's always been ordinary and boring but it took a whole other turn in just 24 hours.

Suddenly, the door opened and In-Ho came in with Jun-Ho next to him.

"Jun-Ho! Are you okay?" I got up.

"Yes don't worry."

"You're both coming with me." In-Ho demanded.

What is it now.

But instead of asking, we just quietly went with him. Some of the routes we took seemed familiar to the ones we took last night so I assume we're going to the old man.

Or should I say Grandpa.

Ew. Unbelievable.

He knocked a few times before opening the door.

"Y/N and Number 29." Il-Nam said as he got up from his chair.

"You're probably wondering why I called you here. Well, since you'd never figure out who actually killed Ali, I might as well tell you since you're my Granddaughter."

Omfnsjdhahfhdh.

I'm finally going to find out who the murderer is...

"It's Jun-Seo. Your brother."

A/N: Hihihi sorry for not updating on the weekend I was busy. Also yesyes ik this plot twist seems unreasonable and strange but I promise I'll explain in the next chapters lol. thanks for reading!! sorry if there are any mistakes. have a good day/night 💕