17

"Stupid heels," Meredith muttered as she stumbled out of the bedroom area of the trailer, trying to adjust the straps on her black high heeled sandals. "Stupid dress. Stupid prom. Stupid... Izzie."

Derek looked up from where he was pulling his own shoes on with an amused smile. "I'm assuming that you haven't warmed up to the idea of going to prom yet?" he asked. "You look beautiful."

Meredith only glared at him. "I'm twenty eight, Derek," she stated. "People ten years younger than me are excited about prom. And even when I was eighteen I didn't care about prom. It's ridiculous."

"Pink hair, I remember," Derek nodded as he stood, pulling her into his arms. "I'm still waiting on those pictures."

Meredith rolled her eyes and tried to pull out of his arms. "Don't play that all American boy on me," she said. "I know you were a band geek who didn't go to prom either, so don't pretend that you know what you're doing."

"I didn't," Derek agreed. "But this time I have a pretty girl to go with. That is the point of prom, after all."

"Stop it," Meredith sighed, this time successfully pulling out of his arms to reach for her coat. "This is so stupid. And it's all Izzie's fault."

"Are you really not going to tell me what you did?" Derek asked. "Because you can trust me. You know that."

"No," Meredith said firmly. "You're my boss, Derek. And what I did...you would get in big trouble if you knew about it. So I'm not going to tell you. I'm lucky that the extent of my punishment is this whole prom business, which I know means that I should stop complaining, but I just hate getting dressed up. And I have no idea how to..."

She was interrupted when Derek's lips crashed down on hers, his tongue working its magical powers against hers, and in less than a second she was putty in his hands, leaning into him as her arms wrapped around his neck. She opened her mouth easily against his, and a moment later she could feel him pressing into her stomach, making her want to do nothing more than drag him to the bed and do sexy things all night. It had been nearly a week, and they weren't used to going so long without it.

Long before she was ready, Derek pulled away and leaned his forehead against hers, panting heavily as he closed his eyes. "Sorry," he breathed.

"Derek," she gasped, trying to catch her own breath. She reached up to cup his cheeks in her hands. "Never ever apologize for kissing me like that."

He smiled softly as he opened his eyes and leaned in to kiss her forehead before he stepped around her to reach for the refrigerator. "I have something for you."

"You do?" she frowned. "What?"

"From what I gather," he said as he slipped a purple flower out of a clear plastic box and slid it onto her right hand. "This is necessary for a boy to give to his prom date."

Meredith smiled softly as she looked into Derek's eyes. "Shouldn't this be one that you pin to my dress so that you can accidentally feel me up?" she asked with a smirk.

"Well, in that dress," Derek swallowed hard as he eyed the strapless dress that she'd bought the day before. "Doesn't leave much room for corsages. Or imagination for that matter."

Meredith felt her skin flush as Derek eyed her in the way that he always did before they had sex. His eyes had taken on a deep stormy blue, and his lips formed into a smirk before his tongue darted out to lick his lips subconsciously. He wanted her, there was no doubt about it. And if she couldn't tell from the expression on his face, the tenting of his dress pants spoke for itself.

She inhaled sharply as she ran her eyes over him. She'd never seen him in a tuxedo before, but she loved it. He looked hot, and the combination of his smoldering gaze and the outline of his well muscled body underneath the tuxedo was enough to make her knees go weak. She would like nothing more than to forget the whole prom thing and rip his tuxedo off right in that moment, but from the expression on his face, she was going to have to be the strong one.