Chapter 3 - The Forest of Dangers

Silkie POV

I yawned as I woke up in my house. Strangely, my mom wasn't here yet. Something is definitely wrong.

"I should try to find her." I thought. But then my mom's voices echoed in my mind. I don't think going out would be a good idea.

So I paced around my home. Hopefully, mom will come back any time now with fruits in her hands.

But no one came. The world felt silent. I started worrying if my mom was ok. I shrugged off the thoughts.

Until I heard my stomach rumble. I was hungry. I needed food to eat. I skipped dinner last night.

I looked at the entrance of the nest. I sighed and gathered my confidence as I walked closer.

I touched the thin vines. I inhaled as I proceeded to move them aside. Then, I opened my eyes to see the world I lived in.

It wasn't anything I expected. The forest was dark and misty. It was eerily silent and scary.

I started to back away into my house. But I heard another rumble. I sighed as I look into the dark woods.

"Just fruits. Thats it." I reminded myself. So I walked to the tree branches to try and find food.

Surprisingly, climbing trees were easy. My claws helped me out along with my tail.

I jumped from branch to branch and bark to bark. I scanned all the trees I could find, but I found no sign of fruits.

I moved farther away to find food. This might have been easier if I could fly. But it seems like I need to deal with this on foot.

After hours of searching, I found nothing. I got hungrier by the minute. I really needed to find fruit.

Just then, I heard a growl. I immediately try to look in all directions to find the source of the sound.

I see a black creature with blood red eyes. Its long tail swished behind it. It looked like the ones my mom described.

Wait, are they?

I watch the creature curiously. It growled softly at me. But I wanted to know more about it.

So I took a few steps forward. It backed away as it started baring its teeth. I wondered what it was doing.

I tried to look threatening too. I raised my white frills and started hissing. The creature was slightly afraid.

I continued until I heard more growls. More red eyes appear behind the black creature.

They stepped out of the shadows. They looked just like the one who was growling at me.

They started walking towards me. I slowly backed away. I locked eyes with them.

Until I heard a snap.

I look to see a larger looking black creature with taller spines. Its eyes were dark red and its teeth were razor sharp.

The others backed away while the larger one made its way towards me. I started to panic.

I waited for a chance to turn and run the opposite direction. But the larger animal didn't give it to me.

Soon, it was at striking range. It suddenly charged at me. I quickly ducked and the animal luckily missed me.

I got scared and started running away as fast as I could. I could hear growls from behind me. Those creatures were definitely chasing me.

I tried to climb some trees to get away from them. But some were skilled enough to get to me. I smacked these ones with my tail.

But there were still more of them. A pack even. Plus, it seemed like they got stronger whenever more of them joined the fight.

I still continued to run for my life. This was one of the moments where I wished I had wings. But I couldn't worry about that now.

I soon got a bit tired. I slowed down but the animals were still after me. I needed to get away. Fast.

I soon saw some sort of light. Am I dying? But then the light appeared to be smaller.

But whatever it was, I ran towards it. The black creatures were still closing in.

Soon, I saw that the light was just my hallucinations. Instead, some figures appeared to be standing there.

"Help!" I screamed, catching their attention. But before they responded, I jumped on one of them.

I landed in the guy's arms. But the shock caused him to fall back. He groaned as let go of me.

The other men saw the animals who were chasing me. The animals growled. But the men growled back.

Soon, the animals whimpered and ran back to the forest. I sighed in relief. I went to face the man I fell on.

But to my shock, it was no man. It was a skeleton. I immediately panicked and got off him.

My vision cleared and I saw the other men more clearly. They appeared to be wearing armour and holding an axe and a shield.

They reminded me of the armoured men in the legends my mom told me. Also the skeleton.

But, as my mom taught me, I tried to act polite. "Thank you for helping me." I smiled at them.

The armoured men looked at me confusedly. So did the skeleton. Did they understand me or not?

The skeleton got up and looked at me. "So you can talk?" He asked. Ok, he can understand me.

"Mhm. My name is Silkie. Whats yours?" I asked. The skeleton guy still seemed shocked. I tilt my head.

"Something wrong sir?" I questioned. I look at the armoured men. They seemed shocked and confused as well.

"What are you?" The skeleton asked me. I look at him. "Im a Drone." I replied.

He slowly started to recover. I sat down and waited for him. "Who are you?" I said to the skeleton.

But the skeleton shook his head. "You're coming with us." He glared at me. I look at him confusedly.

The skeleton signalled the other men. It was probably to get ahold of me or something.

They seemed hesitant. But I smiled. "Its ok. I won't bite." I walked closer to them.

After a while, they finally touched my neck. They nodded at each other and smirked.

They grabbed my horns and started dragging me. I struggled in discomfort. The skeleton glared at me.

"Silkie, whatever you are, you can call me Marrowkai." The skeleton smirked. "And from now on, you are a prisoner of Chaos."

Chaos? Whats Chaos? I asked myself before being dragged by the armoured men.