Chapter 7 - Trust

Silkie POV

I woke up from my sleep. I yawned as I felt energized and happy. But then I heard a clanking sound outside my cell.

I look to see a Juggerknight pacing outside with something in his hands. Since I was curious, I walked over to him.

"Watcha got there?" I asked. The Juggerknight was surprised and instantly glared at me.

"Shut up. This is none of your business." He said. But I was still wondering what he held.

"Its my business because you're outside my cell. So what is it?" I continued asking the annoyed Juggerknight.

He growled at me but gave in. "If you must know, this is a collar." He answered. I tilt my head.

"Why would you need that?" I asked. The Juggerknight laughed. "Wow, you're that dumb?" He wheezed.

"Is it for those Crawler guys?" I questioned. The Juggerknight shook his head. "Just keep guessing." He told me.

"Hmmm, is it for a new pet someone just had?" I asked. The Juggerknight chuckled. "Ehh, something close to that." He replied.

I thought a bit harder. "Thats it, I give up. Who's it for?" I smiled. The Juggerknight grinned creepily.

"Its yours, you dumb insect." He said. I was confused. "Why would I need that?" I asked.

"Because Medusa doesn't want you escaping." The Juggerknight answered. I was still confused.

"Escape? Why would she think I would escape?" I questioned. The Juggerknight shrugged.

"Every prisoner here tries to escape. But many end up dying when they try so-" He replied.

"But Im not a prisoner. Im staying here because I wanna." I smiled. The Juggerknight looked at me questioningly.

"You sure? How do I know you're not pretending to be dumb to fool us?" He asked.

"First of all, lying is bad. Second, you guys are my friends. At least Medusa is." I said.

The Juggerknight murmured something but I couldn't hear him. "You do realize that Medusa isn't what you think she is." He told me.

"What do you mean? She's a friendly person who tried to save my mom." I replied.

"Pffft. You're such an idiot." The Juggerknight scoffed. I didn't understand. But then I heard a door slam.

I look to see Marrowkai enter. He walked over to me and the Juggerknight.

"Why are you here Marrowkai?" The Juggerknight asked. "Medusa wants to see Silkie if she's doing fine." Marrowkai replied.

My eyes lit up. "I get to see her again?" I asked gleefully. Marrowkai rolled his 'eyes'. "Yeah, you do. Now hurry up and get that collar on." Marrowkai said.

The Juggerknight opened my cell and I hopped out happily. I was about to walk towards the way Marrowkai came from but he grabbed one of my horns.

"For safety and security measures, you're going to be wearing a collar." He said. "But why? I won't hurt anyone. I promise." I tell Marrowkai.

But I didn't resist. The Juggerknight was told to put the collar on me. He was hesitant but he managed to put it on.

It was a chain collar. It wasn't rusted or anything. It was perfectly fine. It was a bit tight and uncomfortable though.

But I let it go. If Im less resistant, maybe I can earn their trust. Aside from the collar Marrowkai had a kind of leash which he attached to the collar.

After that, he led me to where Medusa was. I followed patiently. The Juggerknight followed close behind us.

When we reached the throne room, I looked at Marrowkai excitedly. He probably found it weird so he looked away.

But then I heard a familiar voice. "Hello Silkie. Did you sleep well?" I turn to see Medusa sitting in her throne. I smile at her.

"Yeah I did." I replied as I sat on the floor. My tail wagged a bit. Marrowkai tried tugging on my leash to get me to stand up but I stayed seated.

"How is your stay here so far? Comfortable I suppose." Medusa asked. I nodded.

"But why is everyone so on edge around here? Its like In a threat." I said. "Also, I still don't see why I need a collar."

"Well, in case you may be a possible threat to the Chaos Empire, we need to be on our guard." Medusa replied. "But we may get rid of the collar if we think you're safe."

I smiled. "Ok thanks. When will that be?" I asked. Medusa looked at Marrowkai. "When Marrowkai finishes his research." She answered.

I nodded. "But just saying again, Im not dangerous." I reminded her. But obviously she still didn't believe me.

"Marrowkai, what have you learned so far about Silkie?" Medusa asked Marrowkai. Marrowkai looked at me.

"Well, she's unintellegent and fairly calm. She has not resorted to any violence or whatsoever. And she's friendly to all of us." He explained.

"Silkie shows no natural defenses so far. Her favorite food are fruits and flowers. Silkie also has no knowledge of who we are."

Medusa nodded. "But is she smart enough to be trained?" She asked. Marrowkai shrugged. "Im not sure yet." He replied.

"Why would I need training?" I asked. The Juggerknight glared at me, probably to tell me to be quiet. So I did and listened to Medusa and Marrowkai's discussion.

"And are there other Drones like Silkie?" Medusa questioned. Marrowkai paused. "Possibly. But Silkie says she doesn't know about it." He said.

Medusa looked at me. "Silkie, is this true?" She asked. I nodded in response. "I think I was born here and not on Drone Island." I answered.

"Hmm, in that case, more research needs to be done in order to be able to track down the other Drones." Medusa told Marrowkai.

"And this time, Silkie, you will be staying with Marrowkai for the rest of the day so that it will be easier for him to conduct this." She told me.

Out of obedience, I nodded. "Ok. At least I get to hang out with someone for the time being." I said.

"Good. Marrowkai, Silkie is in your hands for the day." Marrowkai nodded. "Yes, Queen Medusa." He replied as he pulled at my leash and led me somewhere.

I followed him but waved at Medusa before going to a different room.

A/N

Im not that active on Wattpad that much as before because of a new schedule.

The only time I have available is weekends but I'll still try my best to update on other days.

Also, the Drones have their own page in the Stick Wars Wiki. One of the people allowed me. You can check it out but it receives updates time to time.

https://stick-war.fandom.com/wiki/Fanon:_Drones

Anyways, that is all :)