VII

Characters
Macabre_Day
Joyous_Night

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Despite her impulsive nature, Macabre understood that just a simple punch and a sprint to Benevolent wouldn't get them out of here, if that first part even worked in the first place, that is. For once she thought carefully and decided a distraction was necessary. "You gonna tell me anythin' yet?" the operative raised an eyebrow.
"Ah, yes! I suppose I should, haha." Joyous seemed to consider his next words, "This here base is only temporary, and due to recent.. complications.. we've had to ditch it earlier than we thought!" he puffed out his cheeks slightly, "It's too bad, really. This place was starting to grow on me!"
Macabre scoffed in her mind. She expected a better explanation, especially from a high rank. 'Guess I am a prisoner though.' she reminded herself. It would be stupid for the nights to just give up their plans to her because she asked (im)politely. Despite this, her lack of knowledge irked her more than it probably should have.

Joyous knew this, but he thought it was quite entertaining how the Day Operative was trying to hide her obviously growing frustration.

As of right now, the two were making their way down yet another concrete corridor -- at the end of it stood Benevolent Day, back turned, seemingly speaking to somebody they couldn't yet see. The walls whispered and hissed mechanically, when paired with the metallic whirring of some nearby machine it was pretty loud, especially in a place as cramped as this. Macabre took every chance she could to survey her limited surroundings. On the way here she had been trying to memorise the route, but everything just looked the same. The Tragedy had planned to escape here, run off with Benevolent, and just see where they'd end up. However, considering the nails protruding from every corner, hard to see in the dark; and assuming that the person Benevolent was with was another Night, they'd be caught in no time.

Then, Macabre was struck with an idea she hadn't even considered before.

-------------------------------------------------------

hey there!! long time no see huh--
srry for how ass this chapter is i just wanted to write something lol
shit was gonna go down here but im too lazy for that-- and srry for not updating in like 47 years my mental health decided to become a train wreck and i had covid and yeah it wasnt fun
ill try to update more often again tho!! im pretty busy w school n whatever but ill see what i can do
have a good day yall
stay tuned :)