VIII

characters
Joyous_Night
Macabre_Day
'Benevolent_Day'
————————————————————————————————————————
Macabre thought carefully about her next words, which was rare for her. "What does any of this have to do with us? You're wasting time taking us with ya. Might as well let us go on our way n' save yourself some trouble." She suggested. With a breathy laugh, Joyous shook his head, "You Days are funny! Believe it or not, I'd leave you to die here in a heartbeat if I could! Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that. I suppose you're not entirely important to the plan, but what Commander says goes! You're stuck here for now!"
Macabre's brow furrowed - she was getting tired of being left in the dark. "Can you cut this cryptic bullshit already? Who could I spill your secrets to anyway?" The Organiser hummed in thought, "Your little friend's just over there, remember! If you guys knew too much Commander would be maaaaad. And we wouldn't want that, right?" They flashed their shark-like teeth, which shone under the flickering lights. Defeated, The Tragedy gave no response aside from a frustrated sigh. After some minutes, the two reached the end of the corridor and entered a large port containing an even larger ship adorned with the Coalition's infamous logo. Macabre noticed whoever Benevolent had been speaking to had disappeared, and that there were mere metres between them. She observed the ship and, assuming it's model was similar to those the Union used, they would be able to drive it to some degree. Then, she turned to Joyous, who had been turned towards the ship but watching the Day Operative from the corner of their eye; they watched calmly as Macabre scrutinised them, focused on the holster where their gun would typically be. Macabre considered if she could beat Joyous alone, eventually deciding she could - despite their towering height, they did not look particularly strong. Plus, they were stood close to the edge of the concrete platform.

Leaving no time for doubt, the Tragedy stalked closer to the Night, and gave a forceful shove to the middle of their back. They stumbled, and keeled over the edge with little reaction. Mildly satisfied, Macabre peered over the edge and saw little but a pitch black void. She turned to Benevolent with a sigh. Macabre moved hastily towards her, "Bene! We've gotta go, come on!" she reached towards her pink-clad companion, only to be met with the barrel of a pistol and a once kind and warm gaze now cold and dark. "I'm not going anywhere." Benevolent hissed.
Macabre felt as though she had been punched hard in the stomach. Her eye widened as she scrambled for a response only to come up empty. Benevolent's gaze softened slightly at the betrayal in her former friend's eyes, but the finger on her trigger remained unwavered.

------------------------------------------

oh man - im sorry its been like...... over a year since i added to this lol. I was gonna put more in this chapter but i wanted to get it done to keep this book alive. thanks for sticking with it :)