✖Seven✖

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I get up the next morning. I hear sniffles coming from the other room next to me. I quickly get up and check the time. 7:35am.

I run to my moms room to see if she's okay.

She was on the floor crying. I look around, I don't see my dad around so I assumed he left already. I make my way to her and hug her.

"it's alright mom" I tell her. She just crys and doesn't say anything.

"You don't want Ashley to wake up and see you crying, so please stop. Nothing is worth your tears. Please mom" I rub her back.

After getting her cleaned up she changes into a dress. "Can you make breakfast for Ashley, I have to go in early for a case today" She said and grabbed her bag.

"I will" I smiled at her. "Please be careful" I tell her.

She walks out the door. I watch her through the window as she slowly walks to her car. I stay there until she backs out of the driveway.

I walk to the kitchen and make pancakes for Ashley.

I turn my phone on shuffle for music and Same Love by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis came on. I love this song.

I sit down on a stool and start thinking about everything.

A couple more weeks till I finish school and I've been slacking.

Tomorrow, I for sure will go to school.

I heard someone walking down the stairs. I assumed it was Ashley so I started to make a plate for her.

But it wasn't her. It wash dad. With suitcases.

"Where are you going?" I asked. He got startled and turned around.

"Oh honey, you scared me" he said putting the suitcases down.

"Where are you going?" I repeated again.

"I'm going on a trip for work" he said.

I knew he was lying by the way he said it.

I nodded my head at him and just looked at him.

He smiled at me and hugged me. The way he looked at me made me feel one way. The hug made me feel like I wasn't going to see him for a while.

"Have fun, and be safe" I said.

"I love you" he said holding my face. "you and Ashley" he said and kissed my forehead.

"I'll miss you dad" I said and smiled.

"I'll miss you too sweetie" he grabbed his suitcases. "I'll be back soon" he said and opened the door.

I was hoping he wasn't lying to me, and that he'll be back soon.

-

I got up the next morning and got ready for school.

Jai was waiting for me outside already.

"Are you okay?" He asked when I got into the passengers seat.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"I don't know, just forget it" he backed out of the driveway.

"You look pretty" he said out of nowhere.

"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself" I giggled.

We got to school and we saw a lot of people putting on posters about prom. Jai parked the car and we walked into school holding hands.