Memories Made

"Bye. I'm going over to see Techno. Be responsible Wilbur." Wilbur ducked his head. "Of course!" Phil nodded, and quickly left the house. After the door closed, Wilbur spun around to face the two kids, a smile on his face. "Let's explore."

                                                                                              ...

Tubbo was filling a backpack with snacks. Tommy was occasionally stealing snacks from the bag. Wilbur was softly playing the guitar, waiting for them to be ready. Tubbo suddenly zipped up the backpack. "Ready!" He shouted.

Tommy stood up straighter and nodded. Wilbur carefully put down his guitar. "Alright then. Follow me." Tubbo eagerly put on the backpack. Tommy walked closer to Wilbur, as if trying to impress him. "So. We're going to explore the woods." Tommy bounced a little at Wilbur's statement. 

Tubbo smiled. Just being around these two made him happy. "Have you guys explored the woods before?" Tubbo inquired. Wilbur shook his head, while Tommy said, "nope!" Tubbo smiled to himself. That meant this memory would be theirs.

                                                                                              ...

"Ok! First stop: Trees!" Wilbur laughed quietly at Tommy's statement. At Wilbur's approval, Tommy practically glowed with excitement and happiness.

"We do have a stop in mind, though. I've heard that there is a little meadow place." Wilbur noted. "Well then, we have to keep walking!" Tubbo said cheerfully. "Right!" Wilbur said, and he smiled at Tubbo.

                                                                                                 ...

"How much loooooooongeeeeeeeeerr?" Tommy whined. "Shut." Wilbur said warningly. Tommy pouted. Tubbo moved closer to Tommy and Wilbur. "How much longer is a good question, Wilbur." Wilbur looked at his phone, then back at the kids.

"About fifteen minutes. Talk amongst yourselves please." Tommy shrugged, then turned to Tubbo. "So. Women, amirite?"

                                                                                                 ...

"We've reached the meadow!" Wilbur shouted. Tommy and Tubbo looked to where Wilbur was pointing. Indeed, there was a small clearing. Crystal water ran through the edge, and the grass sparkled emerald. Small, ruby-like flowers were nestled in the soft grass.

"God. It looks like a fucking painting." Tommy muttered. "Let's picnic?" Wilbur asked, hope shining in his eyes. Tubbo smiled. "Yea. We have enough for a picnic." Wilbur lightly clapped. "We can't take too long. Dad will be pissed if we're out too long." Wilbur barely acknowledged that statement. 

"Let's set up!" He said happily to Tubbo. Tubbo ran into the grass and opened the backpack. Wilbur and Tommy ran into the meadow at practically the same time. They had eaten almost half the food when Tubbo's breath caught.

A bee had landed on a rose near Tubbo. All three of them fell silent as they watched the small creature. After the bee flew away, they ate a bit more, played catch with Tubbo's plush, then decided to pack up.

"Time to leave." Wilbur said, grabbing the snack bag. "We have to walk through all those trees again?" Tommy whined. Wilbur turned to him. "Did you think we were going to fucking fly? Of course we're walking back!" Tubbo lightly giggled.

"Fiiiiiiiiine. Let's just get on with it." Tommy sighed. Wilbur glared. "Let's."

                                                                                               ...

The walk back was scattered with petty comments. It seemed like forever to all three of them, but they finally got back to the house. "That was fun!" Tubbo exclaimed. Wilbur looked slightly out of it. "Mhm." Tommy nodded. "Yep. It was, Tubs."

Tubbo looked at Tommy, feeling indescribable happiness after just being called a nickname. Wilbur looked up from his phone. "Dad is almost back." Tubbo looked up at Wilbur. "Before they get here, I have a request."

                                                                                              ...

When Phil and Techno got back, the first thing they heard was Wilbur playing the guitar. Then they heard Wilbur say, "Your new boyfriends an arsehole." Then Tubbo and Tommy shouting "Woo!"

Phil and Techno looked at each other, as if preparing themselves. Then they opened the door.